3.29.2022

Watercoloring {Birch Trees}

 This week Brenda has shared with us a quick abstract Birch Tree line scene seen here on YouTube.
I was really amazed by this because, I assumed it would be such a difficult thing to paint. So, I loved the tape off the sheet with masking tape tip of the video. And I did do that. I did flip mine to landscape view as I did not have sky above the trunks or soil below them in the scene.

A view of what it looked like wet as I walked away from the first round of paint. I did use some really wide Frog tape so I tore it to be skinnier and not so perfect for the trunks. 

I had assumed that If I added a few more Skinnier trunks/branches to the view that they would have that first round of pale wash for a base. I didn't cut off the tape edges off the board as I knew I had to peel them up at some point.


Peeled the strips off and I used a brush to add these trunk details and a few bare branches towards the top. I did not use the card method shown in the video because, I have never seen one of these trees look like that. ( it was a little too abstract for my tastes) and so the trunk details are shades of browns, greys and greens here. 

This finished out at A7 in real life, I did not add a sentiment as I am not so sure what I am going to do with it yet. I did add more shading to the edges of the trunks after the last round dried and a little more stripes/ detailing to the trunks. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.



No comments: