3.08.2022

Watercoloring a Feather

 

This week the watercolor Wednesday challenge is playing along with this video tutorial on YouTube seen here. I seen that after it was mostly done here, that it looks like the bulk of the veins? are they veins on a feather? should have stopped when they came to the blue background area and I had done mine all the way down the center stem.  After this was shot, I did use a tiny brush to try again for some paint removal highlights in the blue again after this was shot, it didn't make much difference actually. The brushes I used for this are on the palette above. I used the angle brush for the "flat" and it was a little too soft and wide so, instead of cleaned white highlights I got some water bloom streaks. :) I showed it to my husband at this point and he's like oh, its a branch in the winter eh? ( dormant? dying? ) and I said, ah its supposed to be a Feather...

And so, that called for a snarky don't toss it kind of a sentiment in my mind... This particular one is from the Simon Says Stamp sassy flaps set. The card base here is some kind of "paper bag" style color kraft. ( its pretty thin and flimsy so, I am going to line it with some Neenah on the inside later. The paints here are Daniel Smith and the watercolor paper is 100% cotton cold press from Arches. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: