3.25.2022

Inspired by {Sugar & Cloth}

 This week Amy has shared with us the Sugar & Cloth site and I happened across these felt looking Easter bunny baskets on their Pinterest Boards. And I am just a sucker for textile items and I also knew I had this vintage Imaginations Bunny stamp that I wanted to try painting. So, I stamped it with Versafine morning mist ink on Arches 100% cotton watercolor paper and did. 


I knew I wanted to have both the grey hare and the pink hare to be part of the design and the yellow went very quiet here into the flower clusters. So, I painted the body mostly with the Daniel Smith shadow violet color mainly because, I knew it would separate and you would see all those shades of blues and pinks in it when it dried. So, I did add just a tip of purple and blue to bump that up a little.  


I had painted this on a pretty big piece of paper knowing the bunny would have lots of wiggle room this way, and I had originally thought I would tie on a ribbon or some lace but, then while the paint was drying I seen a sneak peek of the VSN challenges coming up, and one was a stamped panel layer on the base. and then I went ahead and cut a second layer from some older Basic Grey to use as a mat since both these dies are stitched designs to play along with that whole sewn basket theme. And then I had chucked that and I decided to leave it flat-ish anyways without a textile. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: