3.31.2022

Dirty Dozen April Christmas Card Challenge

 It's that time of the month again when the newest prompt for those of us playing along with the Dirty Dozen Christmas card challenge this year see the new theme. So, I knew which stamp I wanted to attempt to color and I have been feeling lately that some of the really complex stamps with tiny detail areas are going along easier for me with watercolor paints rather than say pencils or markers.


I had also decided to open that pad of Arches Hot Pressed 100% cotton watercolor paper because, the rumor is it smoother than the cold press and I knew that with the tiny details of this stamp I would be frustrated doing it on cold press. So, I stamped it with Versafine and used the index sticker on the block for a general guide on this first round of paint.


I added a second layer of paint to some spots, filled in other spots I skipped while it was wet so it would not bleed too badly and added this Stamping Bella sentiment from the Festive Gnomes set. I figured it would work well since the name of this Stamps Happen Carolyn Shores Wright stamp is Christmas Caroling. I just love all her birds and I am pretty tickled with how this turned out. The base (SU ridinghood red) was cut to be a Slimline and I used a Waffle flower die to cut the watercolor paper. That's about it from me, You can find this challenge here in the special forums for fan club members inside SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

stampingbowd said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring is outstanding and I love the sentiment! A friend sent me a gift but the company sent me Hot Press by mistake so I am looking forward to trying it with stamps!