2.22.2022

Watercoloring a Rainbow Dandelion

 This week the Water coloring tutorial challenge is a rainbow of colors in a loose "Dandelion" seen here on YouTube. 

So I started out and applied a first round of paint like so. ( there was no sketching on mine to start with I just painted) 


 Those splatters were hard won. I do not own a small flat brush so, using the round brush it wanted to keep its water/paint in the brush ha ha.

Second layer of paint (wet) hitting the brush with my other hand harder for more splatters. 

Third layer of Paint & Water ( wet) 


I thought I was "done" here but, then I went and re-checked the video and there was supposed to be "seeds" in the center part. I moved to a smaller brush to do the seed stems & highlights.

Oh, and I decided to use white acrylic paint watered down for the white highlights here instead of white gouache. ( the first round of that faded to nothing as I believe the watercolor paint was still mildly damp under it perhaps) so, the white was applied twice. And at this point I called it done. 

You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.





2 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.