2.18.2022

Inspired by {Simply Woven Always Vintage}

 It's my turn to host the Inspiration Challenge at SplitcoastStampers this week and I have chosen this sweet vintage site called Simply Woven Always Vintage because, I came across this shot of the tiny bottle brush trees in the crocks here and swooned. I have no clue why these tiny trees appeal to me so much but, they do and I have a few of them now. So, seeing how other people display them catches my attention when I am skimming. 

So, I also have *cough* an undisclosed number of rubber stamps I have been collecting the last few years that have not been played with as of yet, and I knew that this Holiday Planter from Impression Obsession was in there. Score, it has both trees greenery and a crock along with a wooden container ( the wall has an exposed board or something in the IC shot I picked) I stamped this with some versafine Clair nocturn on Arches 100% cotton cold press watercolor paper and Painted it with some Daniel Smith paints.


 I then spent a lot of time looking at my rectangle dies thinking to do some stitched edge and making that painted panel smaller but, this was just a smidge too wide for most of them. This cardbase is a deckled edge Strathmore watercolor one that is slightly less than A7 in real life. after a while I gave up on that and pulled out this distressed plaid print from Maja Designs ( its an older one from Sweden) the name on this side of the paper is I wish - Santa will fill my stocking. So, I cut a piece to be a mat and then stamped this Simon Says Stamp sentiment from the Inside Christmas Greetings set with versafine on the drop piece of some Neenah earthstone ( that is the liner) inside this card. I did rub the scissors blade over that scrap to ruff it up as the print of the plaid is a little on the distressed side along the edges. ( it's hard to see ) I did daub some Windsor and Newton white gouache over the top of all the greenery after trying for that speckled snow look but, it mostly faded when dry. I have not decided if I should add a second layer of that paint over it or not yet. That's about if from me, you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: