2.15.2022

Watercoloring Abstract Angels

 This week the watercoloring Wednesday challenge is playing along with this Christmas Angels warm up video seen here on YouTube.


So, I don't actually own an easel for painting on. but, I did see my phone stand was empty the day I started these & grabbed that to prop the paper up on since, I was not you know doing things to hang on the wall. 

I decided to do the first couple following the directions with just the two shades of paint colors she mentions and a size 8 round brush.

Shot wet with first layers of paint. ( and I tend to like them with less paint then more paint) but, the where to put the shadows for the arms and chest was hard for me for some reason.


Second layer of paint on these two ( the one on the right with the yellow/gold tones was first and the blue was second) This is strathmore 400 series wc paper. 

And then I decided the others were "too big" for a card if they were going to dry in a good way for that, so I decided to go smaller and started a couple on Arches cold press 100% cotton paper. 


this is second layer of paint of the cotton angel #1 above. ( its on an A2 Sized piece) 


I didn't really like the gown of #3 so started a number #4 (these are in the order I painted them in this shot with the far left being the first) 



And then I had the bright idea that maybe I could "fix" what I did not really like about a couple of the above angels with more water and paint ha ha. ( these reached over-worked defcon melt down status here)

Second layer of paint on #4 and I decided to use a smaller brush, because, its a smaller piece of paper ha ha. 

As it stand this is the status of these angels tonight. (20 minutes before they go live I am typing this) and I torn between blue #2 and gold #4 ( right sides of this photo) as to which one I like the best. I like how the blue one actually looks like she is looking down and I like the gown on #4 has more of that Ethereal look going on.

at this point I will probably try for smaller yet again before doing these to turn into cards. 

If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: