2.25.2022

Inspired by {Annie Cloth}

 This week Amy has shared with us the Annie Cloth site & Pinterest boards where I found this top here.

 


 I love the drama of the colors and the floral aspect so, I set about trying to recreate that. I would totally wear that if I came across it in a store in person. as a disclaimer I have never shopped at Annie Cloth. I have that whole if it looks too good to be true thought process in the back of my mind when I see the price tags. For my card I started with a scrap of Arches 100% watercolor paper and added a wash of blues to it. When that dried I stamped the Hero Arts Silhouette background flowers stamp with the top of the stamp at the bottom of the panel with some Distress Oxide bundled sage ink. I knew that this would eventually bleed into the paint so it would give the panel a no line look ( I hoped) at this point I decided to tape off the edge of the panel and added more paint on and off over several days. and at some point I decided to re-view the top and I had to laugh at my self, it has a green sky and a blue ground. It's ok I think I still have the vibe that it has and I did finish it.

So when I removed the tape I decided to add a little bit of white gel pen to the mostly red/orange blooms and trimmed it down to really close to the taped edge as there was a little bit of the first layer of paint and ink on the out side edge its turned out kind of interesting to me rather than being stark white. 

I did stamp this Penny Black sentiment to the inside panel as I have a bunch of family birthdays this coming week and a half. I finished the card off with adding a layer of foam tape to the painted panel.

Which popped it up over the bazzill base. I knew that when I started this that Lee has a VSN challenge to do a "rainbow" of colors on something. and I told my self about the only thing I could think of that would use all the rainbow colors without being just a rainbow on the card front was to do something floral. So, I am going to tag this for that challenge too. It's 6" square in real life. You can find this challenge here to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by. 





No comments: