1.04.2022

Watercoloring drill Vertical hold Circles

 This week the water coloring tutorial is following along with a tutorial that is to hold your brush vertically and paint circles. and she used a size 12 brush ( that I had to break mine out of the package to use ) but, I had the same brush so that was cool to see. At one point in the video she says something along the lines of if you cannot do a circle without your hands shaking maybe you should lay off the coffee. ( I painted mine while drinking coffee) are they perfect? no, but I did hold the brush vertically to do them. 


I am not really big on circles but, I think I do like the wiggly aspect of this, the first row through the center was the first batch I did. and I was looking at it thinking if you did it in drapes it would look like a garland and I had thought to do something Christmas-y maybe. and my other thought was you have this whole hungry hungry caterpillar look going on with the wiggles. I almost doodled some legs on the long one in the middle. 

Instead I tried to do some garland type circles. Maybe I should have made some of them more dramatically bigger than the others but, I was pretty pleased with this just from the colors I had chosen. 

Daniel Smith Phthalo turquoise, Cascade Green & Quincridone burnt orange.

after this panel dried I had thought to maybe use it as a focal point and layer it over the first practice sheet and I added more circles to the first sheet so it would look more random bits of color peeking out from behind. I ended up setting that idea to the side and making two cards out of these. which was a surprise to me. 

The smaller one on the left got its sentiment ( that one is from an older Club Scrap set called Creative License Greetings, ) because of the fact that these pretty much took me all afternoon on Sunday to end up with finished cards. the one on the right the sentiment is from Impression Obsession &  I did use a waffle flower A7 rectangle die set to make it look more like embedded die cuts. the ribbon on that one is from May Arts & the sentiment is up on foam dots. That's about it from me, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

stampingbowd said...

I love both of your projects! I am glad you didn't add legs. :) I think both cards are simply stunning!

Jennifrann said...

I had the same thoughts about the sizes of my circles when I was painting mine. But your sizes look perfect, so I guess mine must be too. LOL. Fabulous!!!

rafaeliacahoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.