1.31.2022

Dirty Dozen February Christmas card

 It's nearly the first of the month so, the newest challenge from the Dirty Dozen Christmas cards are all being loaded as you see this from the team. (you can read about that here at splitcoaststampers.) 

In my head knowing the theme I had grand ideas of what I would do and I really just overwhelmed my self thinking about it, and I put it off till the last minute where I came home from work and tossed this one together using this snow angel because, it was previously painted on some Arches watercolor paper with Daniel Smith paints.

I did cut out the frame using a paper rose lots of squares die ( the largest one in the set) and counter sunk the watercolor panel behind it. The sentiment is from the Altenew holiday wishes set ( this is my favorite sentiment in that set and I use it a lot) it was stamped on a scrap and die cut with probably a slimline stitched die but, I'd have to go check to see which one. 

This was done with some Daniel Smith watercolor paints and then the other day I was using some Prima paints on the watercolor challenge sample ( which will go live tomorrow night) and I seen this off to the side on the table and gave all the previously colored snowmen sitting there pink cheeks from the Prima tin.) It's hard to see but, that star really has some glimmer sparkle to it in real life from the iridescent gold paint. 

An angled view, I did end up lining this card with some smooth Neenah solar white after this was shot. The card is just a smidge smaller than 6" in real life as I used some "natural" cardstock from SU that when they first came out with 12" square sheets they were really a little smaller than that so, I am trying to use it up so I stop scoring it on the 6" line ha ha. Another thing I have noticed about me the last few years is I do not want to stand in line at the post office with all my Christmas cards anymore so, I have noticed that I am not putting lumpy things on them for the most part unless its being made for someone that I will hand deliver it to. one thing about it, I am totally looking forward to having these extra cards following along with the theme each month when it gets to the time to mail them out. I have even stamped the backs of them all so far this year with a made by me stamp. That's about it from me. Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.