1.28.2022

Inspired by {natural life}

 This week Kelly has shared with us the Natural life site and pinterest boards where I kept coming back to this quilt. I loved the uplifting messages on it and I knew I had "quilt" stamps. but, I wanted to do a get well/thinking of you type card for my friend at work so, I did just mainly use the "quilt" as the jump start rather than the visual of colors/prints on it. 

It was not happening to get it to photograph but, there is stardream gelly roll pen on the stitching of this quilt ( Personal Stamp Exchange ) that was colored with pencils and cut out with scissors here. the words are Reverse prints cut out from Simon Says Stamp. 


I did add some of the left over drop pieces of the printed papers to the inside liner. that solid-ish dotted burgundy texture on the cardbase is from the Kaiser Craft Ma Cherie pad, the black plaid is from the Echo Park plaid coffee & friends pad, the smaller print burgundy under the quilt is a Basic Grey Scrap. the whites are are from Neenah and the ribbons are layered.  


I did cut out the basic grey print with some Pinking Shears and just tied a knot into the top layer of ribbon. ( that pinkish one on top is from May Arts but, the wider burgundy underneath I have forgotten who made it sorry) This one finished out at 6" square in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: