1.14.2022

Inspired by {Virginia Living}

 I happened to come across this cool Red Birdhouse for sale through the Virginia Living store online and it sparked the thought that, I don't as a general rule color my birdhouse stamps red. 

So, I Started flipping through my birdhouse stamps looking for a larger one and with the thought that red could be for Christmas and settled on this one from Imaginations. (It's # J890) and I believe that this company is not making them anymore so, its something to hunt for on the used markets if your interested.


 I stamped my birdhouse on some Arches 100% cotton watercolor paper and painted it with Daniel smith paints. The edges were cut with an Spellbinders hemstitched rectangle die and then I picked this clear sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Inside Christmas greetings set with the Misti and when I went to re-ink it I said to my self oh, the card is crooked in the misti and I straightened it, so you guessed it the second stamping went blurry. Yeah, that's a thing. So, I stamped it again on a scrap of Neenah earthstone and cut it close to the letters so I could glue that over the blooper sentiment.

The lace here is vintage, the red printed paper is from The Paper Rose Amberly Grove pack of 6" papers. and the Stripe under it is from a pad from Moda Scrap called Sudtirol origins collection. The base is some Coredinations Tim Holtz antique linen and this is 6" square in real life. 

You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: