1.07.2022

Inspired by {Tea Cups}

 This week the Inspiration team at Splitcoaststampers is showcasing ideas from a board of collected tea cups that Kia built. And I had seen that Amy & the team at Coffee Lovers are doing something different this year with a monthly Christmas caffeinated challenge and I thought maybe just maybe I could marry these two into one card. I knew the first throw down for the caffeinated challenge was to include a snowflake on the project so, with that in mind I did settle on this pretty gold & white tea cup and saucer set seen here

and somehow ended up with this

I knew I wanted it to sparkle so, I cut the teacup shape with the largest Hero Arts nested cup die, (and mine is one of the old style before they started making them with a finger hole die in the set) from some Shimmery Stardream Opal cardstock. I then ran that through the Anna Griffin Slimline snowflake embossing folder and then cut the larger gold snowflake from the Echo Park winter time set and the smaller stitched white snowflake from the Lawn Fawn stitched snowflakes set. These are up on foam pop dots over the cup and topped off with a gold gem. The sentiment here is from The Reverse Confetti Seasonal Say it all set stamped with some versafine on Neenah earthstone cardstock and colored with a gold wink of stella pen. I also added more gold to the embossed snow with that same pen. The gold scallop frame was cut with both pieces of the Pink Fresh studios mini slimline stitched scalloped rectangle die. ( the part between the stitching is where it splits and I have mine taped together on the back side of the paper with scotch tape) The base is also Stardream opal cardstock and this finished out at A7 in real life. This is my first Christmas card for next years stash and I am pretty excited about that. You can find the Inspiration challenge here to play along with us, and the tea set below that I used as the jump start for mine. Thanks for stopping by. 




3 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is so elegant and charming!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

~amy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful Stacy! what a great take on the inspiration photo. The gold and white combo is so elegant! Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

Lisa said...

Beautiful and perfect inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Challenge!