8.31.2021

WOYWW # 639 {Blueberries}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
What my desk looked like after work on Tuesday. The sheet farthest away was the practice and the one closest becomes the tag seen below. I really thought it was going to take more practice but, I was pretty pleased with the colors on this sheet and just decided to roll with it. The sheet that becomes the tag was painted at work today at lunch with a combination of Daniel Smith and Mungyo paints

 This week the Watercolor Wednesday is taking a look at painting Blueberries seen in this video here.
I know the colors are a little off, I went out side and peeked at my blueberry bush that is still doing berries and the parts where the frayed star end of it is, that is brown on my plants and then the leaves are way too light but, I think for something you are just messing around with it, doesn't look that bad.  
 

So, I decided to use the largest die in the Spellbinders deckle rectangles die set and punched a hole in the other end for the ribbon to run through. the random thought I had about this is, my dad eats Blueberries every day like I do and I just may use this as a gift tag for something for him sometime. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us.  I figured since This was what was on my desk today it would just kill two birds to combine the posts.

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

That is a beautiful tag Stacy. Such delicate painting! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

BJ said...

Gorgeous painting, they look good enough to eat
BJ#18

craftyani said...

Love the tag but then I also love blueberries and eat them with yogurt for breakfast. Ani

Shoshi said...

Your blueberries are simply gorgeous, Stacy! I eat blueberries most days for breakfast in my overnight oats/chia combo but I always buy frozen ones! How lovely to have your own bush.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #17

Helen said...

I think your blueberries look great! happy WOYWW Helen #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You really nailed the colour of those blueberries, I eat them with breakfast most days too!
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is a beautiful tag the Blueberries are perfection however I am also attracted to the piece on the bottom right which looks like a mop up cloth. All those gorgeous colours, hope you didn't throw it away. I must say your comments over at mine were much appreciated. Wishing you a lovely and creative woyww, Angela x6x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great job on the painting- I need to get out my paints and play along!!!

Diana Taylor said...

That is such a beautiful little watercolour, the colours look perfect to me and the berries look delicious.
Happy WOYWW,
Diana xx #8

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh I love your blueberries, they look fab! Happy WOYWW! Elle #11, EOTC

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow Stacy, those blueberries are just fab, totally pick of the page-able! I don’t think the colours as off as you do for sure, but what I love the most is your plan for the tag, your Dad will love it. and to top it all, you did it at work in a break…good grief, your painting skills are certain!

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Stacy. I was interested to hear that you had a plan to do some pottery mosaic too. An outdoor table top is a lovely project for mosaic. Also, about the Gyro cutter - a very good idea to use it to cut out "inside" bits like that because it's very hard to do with scissors without screwing up the piece. I definitely need more practice with mine.

Shoshi x

Susan Renshaw said...

What beautiful blueberries!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #7
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!