8.24.2021

Distressed Snow

 

So, last week's watercolor Wednesday prompt went to this video from Debby Hughes that uses distress inks and water to give a stamped image a watercolor vibe. and I watched it, and I think where mine goes off into left field is in the past I have always done these direct to paper type things with either flowers or leaves. and this time I reached my hand in to the I have not opened this stash and came out with these prismatic snowflakes set from last years Stamptember at SSS. (really) It's kind of crazy how much I have collected in the last year, but I wanted to do my part to help these stores stay afloat. ( that's my story and I am sticking to it) :) This sentiment is from Mama Elephant's peaceful wishes set.

anyways, the straight lines of these snowflakes, they really have this wrought iron look going on, did not really lend it self to the blurry effect very well. So, I ended up adding more layers of paints and splatters and such and then I had the bright idea that if I cut out the best snowflake and chopped the panel up it would look better. So, I tried that and the edges looked kinda neekid so, I went around them with some copper krylon leafing pen. Part of the video there is some vellum under the sentiment panel so, I started flipping through a baggie of already diecut snow looking for something in vellum and found this My Favorite Things one cut from some pale aqua shimmer cardstock and decided it works with these colors and as I was layering things together I decided it needed more sparkle so, out came the stickles glitter glue too. 

and it does not look a thing like Debby's card and that is OK. I love the colors I chose and I am tickled that it is different than everything else I have set aside so far for this coming winter/Christmas. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.


No comments: