8.11.2021

WOYWW #636 {painting}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 Right this minute, it just occurred to me that it was Wednesday. I don't know who sped the clock up but, it sure has been flying lately. So the Wednesday Watercolor challenge/tutorial prompt goes to a video on you tube about doing these loose flowers. ( they were really pink) click here to view. and I did watch it early this morning and thought OK I am going to try this, but I am not going to use a pencil first ( because, the lines always show and that bugs me) So, when I came home I had a big mess of yellow on the palette already so, I went with that and I started thinking mine looked a little more like sunflower/daisy type flowers rather than what ever they were supposed to be in the video. and here is my Ah Ha moment of the day. last night I fished out one of those old tutorial scene's I painted back in April and it was crooked when the tape came off the top. ( I have been taping the WC paper to the backs of old pads so I can move them out of the way when they need to dry) and that really irritated me that it was crooked. ( yes I could probably take a brush and add some blue to the top left corner and straighten it out) but, my ah ha moment came today after work, I looked at the desk and did that you shoulda had a V-8 moment and taped the image to the grid on the glass mat. yes, I know you are laughing. 
This is the card I finished off last night for Pat's Dare to get Dirty challenge seen here. It's one of those things, I either have time stolen to create or time to blog but, not both. so, no blog posts have happened with all I have done so far. will try to get it together soon. I am pretty certain you can find them by clicking on the my gallery button off to the right though. Thats about it from me, our State is about to go back into lock down and I think I am going to watch the news tonight to see the what all and where list. Stay safe & Thanks for stopping by

12 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous flowers! happy WOYWW (or thursday) Helen #2

Lynn Holland said...

I’m getting a paint brush set for my birthday on Friday band intend having a go at watercolours so I’ll pop over to the link you’ve provided.
I like how you’ve taped your paper down first. Good idea.
Have a lovely week
Lynn x 13

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the flowers Stacy. Good idea using the grid to keep things straight. Hope the lockdown doesn't need to last too long. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh no, I understand completely why you had to kind it up with the grid, it’s too irritating otherwise! Your painting is so bright and cheerful, I love yellow flowers so much!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

StampinCarol said...

Love your flowers. And we've all had at least one of the moments!
Have a great week!
Carol N #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful flowers and a good idea to tape the paper down, it always annoys me when i'm working on a piece and it keeps moving. I have that time problem all the time in fact sometimes I don't know what day it is lol! Happy belated woyww, Angela x14x

Empire of the Cat said...

Beautiful flowers, I like your colours but I also like the original pink ones, all flowers are beautiful I guess lol. Good idea to tape to the glass mat. I like to spray the back of my paper to stop it moving about. Thanks for visiting. Happy WOYWW! Elle #21, EOTC

Susan Renshaw said...

Good idea to line up your paper!
We too are in lockdown... and eventually even crafting tends to pall.
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #27
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Spyder said...

Can't wait to see the out come of yur yellow flowers, they look very pretty! Taping it down is always a very good idea! Sorry for late visit I was having problems connecting to Julia's blog. Happy very late WOYWW!? Keep on crafting!((LYn))#26

Crafting With Jack said...

Great finished card. Belated happy WOYWW Angela #9

Shoshi said...

Beautiful flowers, Stacy, and I do love those pottery paint pots too.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh more lockdown Stacy, am very sorry to hear that, but there’s no after way is there. Numbers are rising here too, we went to zero rules a few weeks ago and it’s not really working. Laughed at your using the grid to tape the paper…it just shows that we look at what’s on our desks so much that we don’t see the obvious! I would have been exactly the same. And you keep making me think I want a TH mat. Yikes.