8.13.2021

Dare to Get Dirty {Out of Jail}

 Today is the last day challenges go live for Dare to get Dirty week at Splitcoaststampers. And one of those happens to be mine. Its a two-fer challenge where you can read the secret details for fan club members here about the dirty part and later tonight once it's live you can also see the second half for the Inspiration challenge this week.


So, I can not tell you what the challenge is but, I can share what I did here. The coffee cup is actually a teacup and saucer one from Judi Kins that my friend Janice rescued for me from that art recycle store near her a while back. It was stamped with some Versafine Pinecone ink on a piece of watercolor paper that had been done no wrinkle distress with distress Oxide inks a while back. over the top of that I added some Daniel Smith watercolors for shadows. The coffee part was paper pieced into this design and the background  & framing were also, I had decided to spin the frame when I pieced it back together and while I had it apart I flicked more paint onto the frame then the body too. That sentiment is from Rubbernecker and is pretty tiny in real life but, it reads " I have one cup of coffee each morning just to start the day off right. The other ones are to keep me out of jail, help me form sentences & find my razor sharp wit." Which sounds about right eh? Hopefully you are starting your day off right too about now and can pop over and play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

I knew you'd "rock"that stamp when i saw it!! You have the BEST sentiments too, Love this one!