8.25.2021

WOYWW # 638 { Table Elbow Room }

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

This is a photo heavy series of things, that I shot and did not steal time to post. 
a couple of Mondays ago the clean and simple challenge was to do 
a card in 10 minutes, and if you have read this blog for a long time you already know that is an epic fail in my world. but, I really really tried this time. 
 
This turned out to be an 11 1/2 minutes card because, I had the black on his eyes ( he was painted with Daniel Smith paints) and I just knew that if I ran him through the big shot damp those eyes would smear and he already has a vulture look going on with the eyes so, I decided to not push my luck. and at the time this was being painted it was really hot so the paint was drying almost instantly.
 
So, this was my desk last weekend,  and now there is a little more elbow room because, I found that two tier wooden lazy Susan at Costco last week (on Wednesday) and decided that because it was flat bottoms it would be more practical than the scoop bottom one that used to sit at the back of the paper cutter. ( all that was in that was deco scissors and some spools of hemp string) and I had piled things I intended to mail to people on it. so not quite flat surface filing syndrome but, close.

I moved all those flower pots and coffee cups of tools to it, and that freed up a lot of room on the table, the fact that is spins is very helpful.

 

 The Friday before that Monday challenge I had received some cool things from the recent Stamping Bella Release plus a few older ones that had been on the mental wish list. I did use the unicorn for one of the challenges then. ( you can see most of the DTGD cards close up here on the blog. ) I know there were 49 challenges, but I never counted mine. I need to do a group mug shot of the projects because, one needs to go in the mail today.
 

Another eBay win arrived. this guy's name is Spud and there is a tv for him to be a potato in front of.


Now, this is a really lucky thing, my friend Janice who lives in PA has stores that are "Art Recycle" stores and every so often she goes and see's things she asks me if I like them and does the personal shopper thing for me while she is doing it for herself. so, its one of those somebody pinch me lucky things. This is the newest batch that just arrived a little bit ago.


So, this was my tuesday afternoon desk shot. I had been asked to join the team of people who do the Wednesday watercolor challenges at SplitcoastStampers. ( these are tutorial links to video's at youtube that people are learning along to watercolor together with) its not a prize driven type of a challenge. more like a personal one. and there are people of all different skill levels playing along. which makes it fun because, people chatter about what they are learning worked and what went sideways. type of a thing. That card was finished last night and can be seen here

So, that is what is going on with me. The big fire in the county I live in is considered 100% contained. ( its not growing out on the edges anymore its burning towards its center and will continue to do so until it snows next winter. There are additional fires in every direction. ( much farther away) that the smoke blows here. so, the gist of it is the air quality goes from hazerdous to unhealthy swinging back and forth. and I cannot express to you how totally over it I am. Which has me eyeballing my folding table I stamp on again considering the having a cabinet maker, build me a sturdy wood table/desk that does not sway when you clean it haha. Mask mandates go back to even out doors in this state starting on Friday. ( they are currently only for indoor public spaces) but, the numbers of covid cases continue to rise. Stay safe out there & thanks for stopping by.


 

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh that lazy Susan looks perfect Stacy. Glad it's freed space on your desk. Well done on making the card in 11-12 minutes, it would have taken me far longer I am sure. Hope the air quality improves soon good that the fire is completely contained now though. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The watercolour challenges sound fun! I am really enjoying my Daniel Smith paints too, they’re so vibrant and gorgeous. That lazy Susan was a brilliant find, you’ve crammed a lot on there!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh the Covid numbers are disappointing and worrying aren’t they. Add that to the pollution for your air quality and I can totally see why you’re so over it. The fires have lasted and gone on for ages, I know it can’t be helped but yeah, very tiring. That Carta Bella collection is wonderful, particularly like the balance flamingo with his big feet! a sigh, something else to go look for…! And 11.5 minutes, my god gal, I can’t clear space and decide what to do in less than 20! I see no fails, let alone Epic ones!

Shoshi said...

Great lazy Susan, Stacy - that was a good find. Sorry to hear about the continuing fires but it's good that they are contained. I love your flamingo card! He has a really fun expression.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Helen said...

well you scored a bunch of goodness! I do hope your air quality improves soon, it does sound awful. Take care and stay safe. Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is a brilliant piece of kit for making more room on your desk, you now have room for more stash Hee! Hee brilliant! love it. The flamingo card is really clever and you did well to make it so quickly. Take care and have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x9x

Christine said...

That's some great stash you've acquired, well done! Love the stamping bellas
Have a good week and try to use your new stash lol
Christine #14

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the flamingo card!
I like that lazy Susan - and waht a lot of lovely new goodies!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #5
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Caro said...

New stash is always exciting and I love the lazy susan - it looks so useful. The flamingo card is lovely. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)