8.04.2021

WOYWW # 635 {Chicks & Ducks}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 So, this was an idea (under construction paint is wet here) for what will be a two-fer sample one DTGD and one IC challenge for this coming Friday I think. Used a MFT stencil for the water with watercolors and it did seep under the design in the center a little so, after this was dry and shot I did add some more paint to it, and some white gouache where there should have been highlights from the stencil. ( have not looked at it yet this morning to see if that worked) 

It's an unusual time of the year for the feed store to have chicks. Usually its a spring or fall thing, but we went in for dog food over the weekend and also came home with 6 Rhode Island Reds.
(Izzy is only 2 and has not seen this happen before, last time we got chicks she was too small to see over the side of the bin they stay in while tiny.
little fluffs of cuteness for your Wednesday. I am driving for Ice today so, may be a few days before I look at anything. I am mostly puttering around working on samples for Dare to Get Dirty. ( this is a thank you event week of challenges hosted by current and alumni Dirty girls from Splitcoaststampers as a perk for members of the fan club.) That's about if from me, stay safe out there & thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Empire of the Cat said...

How cute the little chicks are! Your desk looks lovely and tidy. It always amazes me how huge those glass mats look in photos and then mine never seems big enough lol Happy WOYWW! Elle #20 this week

Shoshi said...

How adorable those little chicks are, Stacy! I love how the dog is looking at them, too.

Thank you for your visit to my blog last week and for your good wishes re my treatment. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing our garden and the kitties too.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #11

Helen said...

oh, those chicks are so cute!! hope Izzy continues to look after them, lol!! Helen #4

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Those chicks are just so cute! Hope they all grow up and survive. All the best with all the driving.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What cute chicks and your Izzy looks really interested too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x17x

Sarah Brennan said...

Those chicks are so cute Stacy. Hope the driving went well and that all your projects do too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh wow, that’s something different to come home with from the store! They are really lovely, I bet Izzy will be like a mum to them soon. Hope they give you lots of eggs!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh those little balls of floof on legs, too cute..love the way that Izzy is so fascinated by them! I hope the watercolour/stencil termed you worked, sounds like a good plan. Cute little ducks too, wonder where that idea came from??!!!!!!

Neet said...

Good luck with your twofer experiment - hope it works out ok for you.
As for the chicks - how lovely and cute are they. Hope Izzy is ok with them.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

pat brennan said...

Enjoyed reading and looking at what you have been up to.
I haven't been active on WOYWW for such a long time and I lost my Artistic mojo ages ago. I am hoping for inspiration looking at prolific artists like yourself.

Janice M said...

I looks at the chicke just about every tim I go into Rural King for bird seed! Keep asking Roger if we can get some......he says no! LOL I know he is right but they are so darn cute.