3.31.2021

WOYWW # 617 {Loot}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 This is my desk on Wednesday AM. Last weekend found me poking around on the internet and I was searching for the photos of the stamps that had arrived from eBay previously. punched in the mfg not finding the specific stamps and came across Boyd's bears stamps. ( remember those?) funny thing 4 auctions followed me home and two have already arrived. (the wood is something like balsa I think, these have no weight to them) off to the left is a new set of watercolor paints, yes I know what you are thinking really? yes really this one has several purples and pinks in it. and most of my set or loose tubes are more greens and browns with a few primary colors type of sets. and these were cheaper than most the others. I did make a cheat sheet of the colors and played around a little bit on Monday night ( in the kitchen) in the sprial bound pad of WC paper I have going on with mostly just strokes in it. but, I am hoping to steal some time to paint some images soon. The weather has been off and on really nice here so, quite a bit of deadheading and cleaning out the flowerbeds has been going on in the daylight after work more than puttering around up here.

This was an impulse buy from last weekend that showed up from Amazon on Monday. ( there are a few purples in this set) and I have mostly been watching flower painting water coloring video's and so, with the limited blues and reds I have I tend to make the same shade of purple over and over. and I decided to buy this set because, there are a few shades of various colors and the price was not as bad as say Daniel Smith or one of the other "professional" quality paints. I bought those brushes to get the cats tongue one. That's about it from me, I hope you all are continuing to do well. Thanks for stopping by. The nest from last week was pretty much finished off just as you seen it with the addition of some black shadow across the bottom a little bit that evidently I forgot to blog about it oops, but it is in the gallery at SCS.

12 comments:

BJ said...

Mmmmm more watercolours on display, I'm having a bit of inspiration in that direction today it would seem. Pinks and purples are lovely. BJ#13

Helen said...

I do remember those stamps yes, that is a blast from the past! enjoy the watercolours. Helen #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh wow, new watercolours, I’m so jealous, I may well have to succumb and buy some better ones that the ancient ones I still have. I’m really enjoying painting again, used to do it all the time but it tailed off so I’m practising to improve my technique. Hope your new stamps are fun!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Do let us know how you got on with those watercolours. They seem a tad on the expensive side, but I have learnt you use less with better quality paints. Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter Angela #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...


Impulse buying! you're not the only one for sure. The paint brushes look interesting. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x21x

Lisa-Jane said...

I just looked up those brushes because they looked perfect but they're unavailable. I've just bought several sets for my daughter's birthday but I have a feeling that when we open them they will all be very similar and small! I'll be interested to know how you get on with that set as we've only played with cheap Hobbycraft sets so far, which have been fine for experimenting, but it's nice to have a really good set too. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like you have made some great online finds this week Stacy. Have fun with the new stamps, brushes and watercolours. Stay safe and happy WOYWW> Sarah #9

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m with you, any paint palette needs pinks and purples, so you needed to buy more, for sure. I had to smile..I know full well that you were referring to Water Colour paper when you said WC, but the child in my head read Water Closet and made me snigger!! I hope you’re doing well, I know that on off in the garden or at the desk thing, it’s definitely spring!

My name is Cindy said...

Nice stash this week - what is it about any set there is always some colour missing? I bought a huge set of Inktense pencils and it is only today when using them I realise there is really no pink in there... any excuse to go shopping really. Have been tidying the garden as well, one good thing about lockdown I suppose there has been nothing to stop us getting on with our gardening chores except the fickle weather. Happy Easter, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy #23

Susan Renshaw said...

I keep thinking about new watercolours...
Sorry I am late visiting.
Happy WOYWW and happy Easter!
Susan #18

Shoshi said...

I hadn't heard of those particular stamps before, Stacy. I am sure you will have fun with them, and also with the lovely new set of watercolours too. Watercolouring is something I am keen to get back to once I am back in the studio again, but this year seems to be turning into more of a yarn-based creative year!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #20

Spyder said...

love pinks and purple paint, it's most likely the first colour I buy when trying new paints...Will look up those stamps, as I'm sure I've not seen them yet. Stay safe, keep crafting! Happy very Late last weeks WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#6