3.28.2021

Hunting buddies Scene

 This week's featured Stamper is Francine and I love what she does with scene building with her cute critters like this pond scene here or these Christmas tags found here. And you know for all the stamps I own and or scenes I build I never really do it with the cute cartoon ones so that tickled my imagination and I decided I could use the real foliage to do a scene for these cute guys from Art Impressions that came to me from eBay recently.

A glance at how much space was left after I cut this out of the scene ( which was too tall to become a slimline design) and a peek at the piles of stamps and inks. there is a spot inside the gallery uploads at SCS where you list the stamps but, I ran out of room so, here is a list. the tallest grass is from the SU set called Inspired by Nature, the man facing forward looking through binoculars is called Hollis bird watching front from Art Impressions ( I also have the back view and I did consider doing another panel for the inside of the card but, ultimately did not because, the hunting guy to the right is only a forward facing stamp as far as I know. the largest tree to the left is the large Acacia tree from Coronado Island stamping the tree that is smaller and masked behind Hollis is the tall cypress and the one on the far right in the back is the Monterey small pines. From Stampscapes there are Prickly branches, cloud bar, oak tree medium, Migrating birds large, ducks in formation ( which got cut out) and reeds large. One of the shorter rounder clumps of grass is from the stamp in the hand, The speckley textured rays in the sky ( under the clouds) above the guys & through the birds is from Love you to bits.  I believe every single one of these stamps is probably retired.  I did pick up a humorous sentiment from Riley & Co. that reads
"Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter" And I thought it would pair well with the scene because, they are looking away from the birds...

but, ultimately it will be up to hubs if he'd like me to add it in as I am thinking this will work for his friends birthday in a couple of weeks. The skin on the guys was colored with copic markers and the clothes were done with pencils. I did end up doing a little bit of color blending with a peeled paint and speckled egg distress oxide inks along the edges of the panel to erase some of the white space in the un-stamped spaces of the scene. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.


No comments: