3.24.2021

WOYWW # 616 {the usual}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 
So, on Tuesday afternoon I spread around some things that had arrived in the mail and were in a pile so they could be shot and then as soon as that happened I had the idea to stick that nest to the glass mat and stamp some off, the others were done on regular cheap white card with various brown inks ( all too dark) and then I finally grabbed the acorn Versafine Clair and liked it best so, stamped one off on some watercolor paper and started playing. The pearls are from Amazon. the first two I bought around Christmas had smaller sizes in the containers. and I was so excited to see they came in just black ( I like these to add to critter eyeballs on things) and the blue was just because I liked the color a lot. but, these have larger pearls in the containers. I will still use them but, it was just a tad disappointing. I see now looking at them the other pearls had more than double the amount of pearls in the container. So, there ya go. if you are like me and do not read sizes... double the pearls means smaller ones. Sometimes I just have to laugh at my self.

Just a single layer, have not looked at it this morning to decide how much more it will need. I think I want to have some blues peeking through where the light should come through the twigs. ( not sure yet)

Some other things that arrived in the mail the last week or so. (eBay) a lot of the ones down the right and bottom were part of a huge lot that I bought just to get the Coronado Island Stamping horses and then found the other horses being sold by it self from a seller that had flat shipping if you bought 3 so tossed in the Emerson fishing chick and the Art impression sentiment to the other CIS horse cart. the tweety bird and fishing guy were single auctions. and I have been a shopping fool. I am seriously considering doing one of those no go shopping things but, when ever I have tried them in the past I end up shopping more so, I am hoping that with more daylight the creating can start balancing out the new things to play with piles. Because, I have not put any of it away its all piling up where I can see it to remember to play with it. and teetering piles annoy me after a while. Its probably just the missing Grace thing. Izzy seems to be doing OK with being an only dog. And in the good news dept. my Dr's office called one Friday (two Fridays ago) and said hey, we got some vaccine thawed that needs to go in an Arm in the next couple of hours can you make it down here so, I did. what a relief. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love that nest stamp with the eggs in, perfect for Spring - if it was up to me, I would leave it as it is, I like the clear white space peeking through. You did well with those stamps, the horses are gorgeous ( Iam a complete horse nut!) Hooray for having your jab, I had mine yesterday and am completely fine. Feels like the first step back to normal.
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Aw don't beat yourself up, you have some great stamps there. Glad to hear hear you had your jab, it is a relief. Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs, Cindy #27

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Oh how lovely is that nest stamp. Quite a good size, too. I love the effect you have got when colouring. Like Jan, I would leave it as is - I'm a great lover of white space. You managed to find some really great new stash this week. Well spotted.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Helen said...

great news about the jab ! love your stamp splurge - great buys! the nest is beautiful. Helen #1

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really sorry to read about Grace Stacy, I was not around last week due to computer issues, so sad when we lose our beloved animals. I hope Izzy continues to be okay on his own, sending hugs..
That's a fabulous bird nest stamp, so detailed. You have lots of lovely things to play with again. Take care this WoywW Tracey #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your new stash especially the birds nest stamp, never seen that before. Take care my friend and have a happy woyww, Angela x19x

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw Stacy, I’m sorry about Grace. And it’s really hard watching Izzy miss her too, sort of your own feelings walking around in front of you. The pearls are fascinating, I’m going to go look at those. I’m the same with new stuff I realise, which is why the wood ware stamps seem to be ‘filed’ on my desk...won’t get put away until I’ve used them, for sure! I love the Altenew birthday text, and a great eBay haul. I dare not go there. Well, not this month anyway!

Julia Dunnit said...

Also..hurrah for the jab...it’s great news, brilliant that you were able to do short notice.

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad you managed to get a last minute jab Stacy. Love that nest stamp - it looks fab on watercolour card. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lisa-Jane said...

Oh that nest has turned out brilliantly! I've been so good recently with no shopping but you are right, if you then splurge you tend to splurge big (as I did in my post as it happened, but last year!) Maybe little and often is the way to go? If anyone asks, I'll say Stacey said so ;-) Spring blessings, Lisa-Jane #7

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh I love the horse stamps, I quickly went to EBay to see if I could see one , but, alas, no. I have not heard of that company. Just love horses. A farm near us has got a young (10 months) horse and `I went and asked permission to take photographs. I couldn’t take my mobility scooter the way my husband walks so I needed to do it from her stable yard. She was most anxious that I didn’t post any pictures on social media and I promised I wouldn’t, not that I would have done anyway.. The nest looks fabulous, it would fit in with my Country Diary theme I am doing for a journal. I behave been caught out more than once by not paying attention to the size of things I have ordered. Have a great week Angela #3

Susan Renshaw said...

Well done on the jab!!
Love the nest!
This online shopping is just too easy!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #15

Spyder said...

At least we got a weeks notice for our jabs. Love those horses' stamps, they're fabulous! and the birds nest is looking ok from here! Have a good weekend, sorry I'm late. Stay Safe, Keep on Crafting, Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#21

Shoshi said...

That nest stamp is fabulous, Stacy - it looks so real! Happy memories of finding nests with eggs in our hedge when I was growing up.

Happy extremely belated WOYWW after a very busy week and I'm only just starting to catch up.
Shoshi #22