3.20.2021

Inspired by {Penguin Random House}

 This week the Inspiration Challenge is taking a look at the Penguin Random House publishers pinterest boards. and I seen so much book cover art to be inspired by, but I tend to do my sample late in the afternoon early evenings on Fridays and yesterday evening our 13+ year old "fox red" English Lab Grace had gone over the rainbow bridge after a long battle with cancer. 

So, that changed what I wanted to do and in the books about Animals board I stumbled across this one and the title grabbed me by the throat and I water colored this simple one below jump started by that.


This is Stella Puppy from the picket fence studios line, she was stamped with some Versafine Clair Acorn ink on Strathmore 400 series watercolor paper. the watercolors on this one are Daniel smith and the sentiment is in that same stamp set. I did cut this with a Waffle flower A7 rectangle die and mounted it flat to some speckled cream cardstock and it finished out at 5X7 in real life. We are of course heart broken and yet, relieved she is no longer in pain at the same time. If you'd like to play along with this challenge you can find the details here at Splitcoaststampers.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: