3.06.2021

Inspired by {FreePik}

 This week Julie has shared with us the links to Freepiks web site and pinterest boards and I came across this one with a butterfly on lavender on pinterest yesterday. ( yes, there is no minute like the last one right?) and this sort of fell together really quickly after that because, I had been messing around with these lavender diecuts and prima watercolors a few days ago...


So, knowing I had a head start with the blooms I started poking around in the hanging file folders for a sheet to be a background and I was actually looking for something more grey toned but, then found this old piece of Basic Grey print that looks like water coloring and although the colors are more grass colored I decided to use it, then I cut the frame from a previously done sheet of Green watercolor paper background and made it a frame to help tuck in the bottoms of those skinny stems. ( all those die cuts have sticky dots type adhesive on them) but, this is the first time I have tried that type of glue so, no telling how it holds up to mail with such little slivers right? then I seen this scrap of the orange/red background from a previously made sheet ( I save hand made backgrounds even the scraps) and cut it with a poppy stamps stitched butterfly die, and then traced the stitching detail with a black sharpie pen trying to mimic some of the bold black on a Monarch butterfly. ( it didn't pop as well as I hoped but, is better than nothing) Added in the Altenew birthday greetings on a strip stamped on Neenah and cut with a SSS sentiment strip die and its up on foam pop dots. Found some grass-ish colored Bazzill and finished this one out at 5 1/2" square. I keep debating about if I should add some flecks of white gel pen to some of the blooms but, so far have resisted that urge. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: