3.10.2021

WOYWW #614 {mostly loot again}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW


So, this is a Tuesday afterwork before dark shot. some happy mail had arrived (again) off to the left you'll see some PSX Quilt stamps had arrived over the weekend from eBay auctions..on Monday the Art Impressions people arrived and Tuesday the dick blick painting supplies arrived. So, I cleared off a spot in the middle without picking up the mess I made Monday after work doing the card below. ( the folder and such is under that round palette cover. ( it does not fit tightly on it but, I think it will keep the dust out of the paint when you walk away. ( its ceramic and has some paint brush grooves kinda like an ashtray)

A closer look at that. oh I did pick up one cheap paint brush from Amazon to try too. ( I have seen a bunch of videos where the gal doing them loves that line) personally what I have found is since I am just a beginner I have better luck with the black velvet silver brushes so far, so I did pick up a few more sizes of those in round.


just because, they make me happy scale wise I am not so sure the idea I had when I seen them all will work. so also off to the left are bits and pieces of ones I stamped and colored and am pushing around thinking still. ( the sentiment is too large to layer over these quilts and have the quilt peeking out around it.) so, next thing I will try will probably be to heat emboss the sentiment on vellum to lay over a quilt and see.

On Monday the technique lovers challenge watched a video that the gist of it is to add 3 colors to some watercolor paper. dry that off, run it through an embossing folder and then swipe the top of it with a black versafine pad. ( the lady used a very detailed lace folder and it was stunning) I didn't have anything really lacy but, then I found these knots and thought ah ha... dug out this silly little Riley and Co. sentiment ( which happens to be true) and added some finger nail art bling sticker to the corner of that. The point of the challenge was to let the embossing folder take center stage in the design. 

So, its snowing here. yeah, I know its still winter but, still. hopefully it will be a quick in and out day at work. We are doing good here and hope you all are too. Thanks for stopping by.


11 comments:

Helen said...

I used to love PSX stamps, and have loads. I hope you enjoy yours! Have a good week Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy mail!!! love it to bits it just makes my day when something pops through the letter box. I know that paint brushes do differ a lot. You look at them and think they are the same apart from the price but when you use them you know why they are more expensive. Have fun with the stamps and a lovely creative woyww, Angela x19x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I laughed out loud at the Baileys and Ireland sentiment!! Genius! Please can I put whiskey in my coffee though as I really don’t like Baileys, too sweet for me :-D. I also love the stamp with the hearts on, that is so pretty, I bet you use that all the time! I spent a large amount on three new watercolour brushes and they were worth every penny,, they’re a joy to paint with!!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Those stamps really are lovely Stacy, always good to pick up an old rare favourite and your new paint stash looks fab a ceramic plate is always a good investment for watercolour. I broke my original last year i'd had it for nearly 30 years an upsetting moment. The ones I use now are mainly square I find they sit much better on my desk. Good choice of brushes and paints Daniel Smith is extremely over priced here in the UK something to use for those extra special makes or commissions. Don't forget to share how you get on with them all.
Hugs & Happy WoywW Tracey #15 x

Sarah Brennan said...

Have fun experimenting with heat embossing that sentiment on vellum Stacy. Great new and second hand stash again this week. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot of lovely happy mail.
The Baileys comment made me smile too!
Stay safe and keep well.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan#6

Lisa-Jane said...

Great technique on that card - it's a lovely design and the sentiment is perfect! Goodness I miss Baileys... As always, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Shoshi said...

Your desk looks lovely, Stacy, and I love the green card. Gorgeous stamps, too. The embossing folder technique sounds great.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #12

Neet said...

Sorry I am so late this week - birthday got in the way of blog comments.
I bet it was fun to find three consecutive days with happy mail dropping through the mail box. I know I get excited when I hear the postie dropping something other than a bill through for us. Somehow you know the sound is different when it is an envelope containing something good.
I love the Irish sentiment even though I am not a fan of that particular drink. Still tickles my sense of humour.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m loving the silly sentiment. Totally true. Like the sound of the technique you used too, how clever, it certainly does put the embossing at centre stage. I was thinking today how little embossing I do since my desk isn’t actually in my room for now. Great score with the PSX stamps, even if they aren’t quite big enough, they are fab and worth having!

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Stacey, sorry I am late this week, my intentions are always good and then I get sidetracked- example- having a look at that video at SplitCoat Stampers! It really looks like a great technique. I was thinking with your quilt stamps, you could stamp them and then scan them, that way you could print them the size you want. Inkjet prints do run if you get them wet so it depends what you are going to colour them with, you could scan them coloured in or you could stamp them with a light colour. I am full of ideas this morning :). Angela #21