3.12.2021

Inspired by { Rug & Design Lovers}

 This week Kia has shared a link to Colorful Rugs where I found this one on their "green" board. 

I have been messing around with watercolors off and on lately so, that was what was "out" when I went to make something and so, I ended up doing a kind of a wash of blues and greens of Daniel smith watercolors on some Strathmore 400 series paper. ( twice) and it was pretty streaky and a little bloom-y since I did it twice and added water to it both times. and I was OK with that, I decided I wanted it to be a colorful frame so, I cut the piece 3 times with some Waffle flower A7 rectangle dies. and then added foam pop dots to the mid center cut piece. 


 

Then I started looking through my already colored images and I found this gal from Katzlekraft called Windy Day. ( she was colored with watercolors and pencils a while back) and I decided the colors in her coat were close enough to work with this rug inspired frame. 


 A closer look at the image which tends to make me smile every time I see her, so I started looking through some humorous sentiments in that envelope. This sentiment is from the My Favorite Things greetings & salutations set and was diecut with a Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip die. So all in all this was probably a 20 minute quick card for me. 

At any rate this is seriously what I look like every single time the wind blows ( which is pretty much a daily occurrence around here) You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: