4.15.2020

WOYWW #567 {AI play}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

So, I have not had time to make the rounds from last week yet, since there are so many people home the list of stops to visit has gone up yes? ( its not just in my mind) we are still working and we are working more than before. but, last night I was in bed by 9 and I really got the best sleep I have gotten in months. so, to keep this short I had seen this ranger tool come out the day before the stores closed here and I intended to go back the next week or so and get me one... and then all the stores came to a grinding halt, so I looked on Amazon and the price was higher and I tossed it on a wish list and walked away a few days later I went back and looked at it and the price had jumped 5 more dollars and I rolled my eyes and walked away. then I got an email from a nationwide chain that happens to be in my town that had it on sale. you could have curb side pick ups ( there were not any in the store) so, I did the online order added some things to the cart and paid the freight. the next day there was an email from them. ( they canceled the order) ok, so I went back to Amazon, the do not even show it for sale anymore... fast forward another few days. I decide to go look at Ranger online, not only do they have them in stock they have a small crew working and shipping orders. so, I place a small one not expecting to receive this for a long time as they tell you there will be delays. ( this arrived in the mail yesterday) so, the delay was not even all that long for me. along with the tool I picked up two of the new alloys and 3 colors. ( I want more colors) ( I almost have two of the storage tins full of these so, I don't NEED more colors but, they are on the mental greed list now)

so anyways, now I think I need an eye dropper type tool to add regular rubbing alcohol to the yupo sheets before the color to have a little more play time blowing it around before it dries.

Okay so, I had read ( after I ordered it successfully) that it was not going to be a good tool for people with arthritis. evidently mine is not that bad yet, I can squeeze it and the rubber is soft and light weight ( to me ) but, I am also using an ATG gun for double sided tape type glue so my game plan was to play with it asap in case I needed to re gift the tool you know? so, maybe depending on how bad your hands are its a possibility to play with someone else's later when we can play in person together again.

and that's about it from my corner of the internet. will try to do better with commenting this week. Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I simply must have a go at this, looks like so much fun. Take care and have a crafty woyww, Angela x17x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, that was a right old palaver getting the colours but at least they got there in the end! I love the colours you've shown today, my favs. Hope you're not working too many crazy hours, look after yourself.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Sue Jones said...

I keep looking at the new alcohol inks and the metallic alloys in particular - not bought any ....yet. they do look good though - i have been playing with my old inks this week too. Glad you finally got what you wanted .Take care and keep safe Soojay#19

Helen said...

I think I'd have given up long before you... well done for getting it in the end! Take care, stay safe. Helen #4

Julia Dunnit said...

Don’t even worry about the visiting, am pretty sure if you’re that busy then you need to cut yourself some slacK! I know what you mean about the alloys but they are definitely wish list for me, I have so much stuff that I don’t seem to be using. That air puffer thingy looks fab, Shaz Silverwolf has just got one too, interesting that it’s softer to squeeze than the description suggests, I think your initial review may be very helpful to a lot of people. And blimey, admire your tenacity in the story of getting one! Stay well. Xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Oh my - what a tale! All that fuss and palaver, and yet you stuck with it and got there in the end! Well done. Have fun with it. I like the piece on your desk. Take care as you are working so hard. Glad you slept well last night - hope you sleep well again this evening.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #6

My name is Cindy said...

I love AIs and am very tempted by the new alloys but they are on hold for the moment. Good luck with your new tool! Stay safe, stay well, Happy WOYWW Cindy #12

sandra de said...

Good to see when perseverance pays off in the end. It is a wonderful feeling when you find a product that you can use over and over and continue to get such amazing results. Enjoy and stay safe creating.
Sandra de @10

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad that you managed to get hold of the tool in the end Stacy. I have been looking at it myself, but it will just have to stay on the wish list for now. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Diana Taylor said...

So glad you got the tool you wanted - I'm loving the effect on your alcohol inks. Enjoy playing some more with your goodies,
Stay safe and well,
Diana x #16

Neet said...

I think I have been living in a hole for the past don't know how long as i haven't a clue about these new AI's. Must investigate when i finish this comment.
I do have one of those tools for blowing though but it was given to me a few years ago so must have been for something else then. We did some of this AI blowing on tiles at our local club a couple of months or so back but we used cans of air which had a drinking straw you attached to them. now I have the can of air but not the straw and it was a very fine one so cannot be replaced by one from the drawer.
The effect you have got is lovely. Oh dear, I can feel my AI's coming out, what have you done?
Take care and be careful with the squeezing
Stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I too bought the blower tool, mainly as I start running out of puff, lol. No hand issues here, so should be good. I also got a couple of the Alloys and a few of the new colours. I ordered Sterling & Foundry in the Alloys, and to be honest, there is barely any difference between the. Have a good week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #8 X