4.20.2020

Inspired by {tags}

Not too long ago I picked up a new computer which ended up being an exercise in fustration trying to remember and reset so many passwords. and one of the sites that was the hardest for me was pinterest. but, I finally got into my real original account and I decided to look at things I had saved. and one of them was this board from Linda Shulist that has incredibly 6K+ tags saved to it.
and I started scrolling through that and found this tag from Stamping Mathilda, which just made my jaw hit the floor. and lead to me digging out every piece of clear packaging I could chop up in my room. ha ha

 And so this is what came from that. The bird is from Judi Kins, the diecut leaf is from sizzix Tim Holtz, the clear packaging was from some Sizzix steel ruled dies I picked up both for Christmas last year and some after Christmas holiday sales in January.

 And I started messing around with various embossing folders and tag dies.  but, the thing that kept annoying me was that packaging, its really scratched so the tag when held upright you see all the scratches really well. And then I thought OK just make them distressed and vintage feeling not an issue. but, I really like how the totally clear bird tag turned out so, I had also received a few bottles of new Alcohol inks in the mail last week and thought ok, if you add a bit of color it will hide the scratches. And so it did.
 The sentiment here I added to the bottom of the tag with red liner tape and then used a second strip of cardstock across the back at the same place so that it hides the tape and it made the tag taller. ( this sentiment is from Hero Arts Snarky Christmas messages set, the large snowflake is a Sizzix die the tiny blue one is from either lawn fawn or lil inkers ( I have both of their sitched snow sets and they are similar in scale) The tag was embossed with an Anna Griffin cuttlebug folder.

 This one the sentiment is from Unity Stamps and the holly/berries that are from the hero arts set called Holly Jolly, ( its dies made to cut a stamp set but, they work just fine for felt) The embossing folder here is from cuttlebug called goochie script.

 Now these are Sizzix dies that have a matching embossing folder. the one on the left was run through the goochie script folder and the one on the right was used with the folder that matches the die. the gold piece on the left was part of some frilly layered set I had cut a long time ago to get something out of the middle ( a spellbinders set) and I had saved this drop piece thinking it would be useful some day. the sentiment on these are from the Mama Elephant Merry Christmas Messages on the right and I am pretty sure the left is also a Mama Elephant sentiment but, my mind has gone blank.

This one I had cut the fa la la (Mama Elephant scripty) a long time ago from some cherry cobbler. ( the tree, Sizzix originals Christmas tree #2 die) is a drop piece from something I made years ago. you are getting the idea that  this batch of tags really went along the lines of what ever was in front of me was tossed on them right? I had used a gold leaf pen to trace along the edges of the star above and decided to add some gold to the berries of this holly embossing folder that was used on this tag. There is a bitty SU pine cone charm tied on this one at the top. I think the for you stamp is probably a Hero Arts one.  The two tags that are not finished yet really curled when they came out of the big shot so they are being pressed flat. That's about it from me so far, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: