4.04.2020

Inspired by { American Meadows}

This week Julie has directed our attention to the American Meadows site online. and I came across these painted ferns and I have not seen anything like this in person ever so, it really caught my eye.
and I knew I had picked up this Memory box ferns and berries stamp set a while back because of its sheer size. ( not that I have ever seen a fern with berries on the branches either) That is always a fun thing to me to find new leaves and things to color. and I am sure it probably does not have this color combo but, I really loved all the shades of greys on the leaves of the sample shot ( seen below) I probably added too much greens to mine but, I am really tickled with how this turned out.

 I cannot remember for sure now but, I either stamped the ferns and berries on the strathmore watercolor paper with either bundled sage ink or some other pale ink that was not water reactive, and then I water colored this with a stack of distress oxide inks, Iced spruce & evergreen bough on the leaves, aged mahogany on the stems and berries and antique linen & vintage photo for the background. I did end up going over the tops of this with some polychromos and prisma pencils for texture and shadows. and then I cut the center with a waffle flower A7 rectangle die and popped up the edge piece with foam dots to add some interest to the framing. the sentiment here is from the my favorite things greetings and salutations set.  This card is A7 in real life.
a peek a the fern that inspired these colors. you can find it here in their store and find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: