7.24.2019

WOYWW #529 {foils}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

 my "desk" view from Tuesday night...
( laundry room the appliances are metal and that is where I run my laminator) This was expiremental done with some laser print outs of this free digital thing found here a long time ago when Pinterest was fun to view.  I did try it on some copy paper print outs and some thin (80# cover sheet) and it seemed to work on both.

This is a shot of my desk from sometime last week after Wednesday when these things arrived from both Amazon and Ellen Hutson. what I noticed is that Amazon widely varies the cost of the foil and the only difference seems to be the color. on Ellen Hutson all the colors were the same price and they were recently 25% off too. so, I ended up doing a second order to get more colors... I have not tried the smoosh it through a stencil glue, the pen or the use it as a stamping ink transfer things as of yet.
what you see above is all that I had tried so far.

but, I seen a thing on one of those tv shopping channels late at night one time and they were hawking some machine to do this with that was a partial machine, it was something that was supposed to work some how with a gemni jr and I could not tell from watching the tv how the machines worked together to foil things and then I came across some you tube video's showing people using the same laminator that I own and since I have a laser printer in my office at work I thought what the heck.

And for those of you who are here for your Izzy fix, she continues to grow like a weed and does that typical dog sprawl in every direction when she is sleeping too. This one is a new position, the usual is the broken neck off the dog bed one ha ha. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Izzy is such a sweetie. Loving the new foils and bet you'll have more fun with those. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww. Angela xXx

Lynn Holland said...

Lucky Izzy getting to sprawl out like a wet lettuce in this warm weather. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could do the same haha
Lynn //6 I think

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh nice foils. You will have to let us know how you get on with your laminator Stacy. Woof to Izzy and happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, completely get the 'when Pinterest was fun' comment. I spend very little time on it anymore, all the tweaks they've made have taken much of the fun away. Love the foiling, I do loads using stencil paste and my laminator, Bought some Deco Transfer gel to try too, seen some great videos with it. I've seen the Gemini thing too- seems like they are plates that heat up, then need to run through the Junior machine, it seemed that was the only machine it would work with. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

sandra de said...

Great range of coloured foils. Izzy looks perfectly at home in such doggy style.
sandra de @20

Neet said...

Think Izzy is in the same prone position as I was during the night! Not that I looked as cute (or as exposed I hope). Love the foils you have bought, what a huge collection you have - cannot wait to see all the embossing you do with them.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx
ps we ordered a portable AC thing which will probably arrive after the heatwave. Ah well, next year maybe ...