9.12.2016

Embossed Swirls

 This is a cell phone shot and the colors are off. the top panel is some PTI vintage cream and the kraft is from Recollections and the base is Stardream Opal.
The embossed panel is up on pop dots over the vintage lace ribbon combo. There are a few scattered sequins but, now that I have "some" it seems like I need "more" in different colors lol. so, it looks like sequins are on that slippery slope that washi tape lives on. ( and no, I hardly ever use my tape so, I have been resisting the sequins for what feels like a long time now.

This one the colors are more accurate. the Sentiment is from the Avery Elle set so happy. the embossing folder is from SU and the cream panel was cut with a SSS stitched rectangle die to add some stitching interest. I was thinking that This was a similar thing to those stamped panels that are layered in trio's only it was lining up the embossed lines instead. This also ( kinda sorta) was following along with the sketch challenge at SCS this week. Today is hubs parents 57th wedding anniversary. :)


Last Saturday there was an Inspiration challenge that headed to a letterpress idea board at pinterest and I seen this and this and kind of combined them into this:

 This one is A-6 in real life and has some popped up Avery Elle postage stamp die as the framework. And I had the frame glued down before the center haha. So, it started off right off the bat crooked to the right. I liked better in my head than in reality so, all the tools from making this were on the table when I went upstairs Sunday afternoon. I think what annoyed me about this card was I could not get clean cuts in the core'dinations cardstock from the embossed parts. ( the paper wanted to tear easy, even coming out of the folder it embossed really deeply.) So, before I made the cream version with no cuts I did try cutting a PTI vintage cream panel this same way, and it cuts worse and tears more easily than the coredinations did. If you were curious. So, my mind is still thinking about this in almost a dog with a bone kind of a way and I am starting to think of gooping up the embossed panel with maybe gesso or something to strengthen it before it was cut. ( might just flatten out all the embossing though the moisture.) at any rate the yellow thing continues have some other things to share later. have a good Monday and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Great cards Stacy! I need to dig that embossing folder out an play with it again, it's been awhile! Plus I'm in need of some wedding cards an that will work perfectly! I like the way you use the crocheted lace an ribbon as part of that sketch.