7.12.2024

Inspired by {Free People}

 This week Kia has chosen the free people store and pinterest boards. I can actually say I own some of their tops and they are huge. and comfy. ( stay at home tops) So, that was a fun thing for me to go poking around in there to see what was new and I happened across this patriotic colored scarf seen here. I loved the colors and thought. ( ha ha) that this would be easy enough to do as an quick abstract loose watercolor...

well, It was quick but, I probably should have sketched something first. instead of just tossing some paint on the paper. but, I started it like this. 

I let that dry, (mostly) at 99 degrees it dried very quickly so, I started thinking maybe it should be vines and leaves rather than something what ever was on the scarf at this point all I remembered were the bursts of red on that pale ish blue. I used Daniel Smith Cerulean blue and Windsor & Newton red here. 


Little more paint with some splatters, I decided there was entirely too much white and I wanted it softer so, after this I went over the top with water. and a very pale wash of blues. 


I did even after this add more water and more paint as seen on the finished piece and I thought OK cut a strip out of the middle and make a CAS design because, its a scarf... So I grabbed this Pretty Pink Fresh border die and when it was cut on both sides I thought why not use all the pieces. 

So I did that, this base is A6 in real life and I have a little pile of sentiments I stamped the other day thinking I might use them soon and this one happened to be on the top of the pile its from Impression Obession and I think its a cute way to say I miss you. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: