9.27.2022

Watercoloring Wreaths

 This week Angie has chosen this wreath tutorial on YouTube from Lisa Hetrick for the water coloring challenge. So, I watched it about a week before I was going to paint one, and I started out with this one doing this from memory. 


I had remembered it as using progressively larger round brushes so, this was the smallest brush and first round of leaves.

and in my mind the leaves got larger as the brushes did. 

and the wreath it self had a grapevine type wood look to it. 

So I continued to add more leaves and stems


And splatters and then, I had the bright idea to look at the video again sooo, out came another piece of cold press watercolor paper. (because, the wreath looks pretty thick and the colors seem to have a lot of orange and browns) 

and even though her tutorial for leaves shows them as skinny leaves the ones on that wreath were much rounder looking to me than mine were on the first one I did. So, I did try to make this paint have more water and be a little juicier as I did this second one.


the top one here is the first try and the bottom is the second one, and I thought about stopping here but, did end up cutting some Bazzill to turn these into simple flat cards. 


the one on the left is A6 in real life, and the one on the right is 6" square. I am not sure if I want to add sentiments to these on the fronts yet. So, I left that blank and just may do something on the insides before I send them out. That's about it from me, I hope you are doing well. If you'd like to play along with us for this challenge you can find the details here on Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.






1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful wreath you created with your brush strokes Stacy! and then you made another! two lovely cards! xx