9.20.2022

Watercoloring Hair

 Hi, It's my turn to pick a tutorial for all of us teaching ourselves how to watercolor inside Splitcoaststampers and I have chosen this one on doing Hair blowing in the breeze from Yong Chen.

I really think that painting people could be the scariest thing because, in your mind you build it up that you want to get it right. know what I mean? so, I also think the tips shared in this video will help with adding shadows and highlights to furry critter scenes also. 

I still have pages left in this sketchbook so, this is what I was working on. 


First layer of paint, I did tape this down for a frame and used binder clips on the sides. 


a glance at the second layer of paints from the top view.


There was quite a bit of water on this book while this was going on and the binder clips did help. 


The brushes I used. I thought that round was a little more pointed at the end of the bristles than the rounds I normally use and this was a flat brush I had. I did see he used Calligraphy brushes but, I do not have any of those. 

I did end up adding just a bit more paint to this before the tape came off and funny true story, I left the tape on this until Tuesday evening. ( this was painted last Saturday) so, having those extra 2 1/2 days to dry taped down kept it pretty flat. that is a cool thing to find out. perhaps I will start leaving my paintings on the boards for a while before I try to make them into something. I hope you all are doing well. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at SplitcoastStampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: