9.13.2022

Watercoloring a field of Pumpkins

 This week Linda has chosen this video from Renata at MarenaART on YouTube. I did see that she has a print availible of the field she paints in the video but, I really do not have much luck with printing things from people like this. And on the other hand my stamp collection numbers in the thousands so, it seems more efficient to me when its not a remake the wheel to just use a stamp big enough to try the what they are teaching part of the video. ( KWIM?) 

So I picked up this Penny Black Pumpkins Stamp and used some Fade Out ink for it on Arches Hot press watercolor paper.


I did still try to add the background row of pumpkins and foggy bare tree forest but, at this point I ended up doing more and more layers of paint to this, I did use the binder clips on the short sides to help with the warping. 


After the masking tape came off I decided I really liked the white space around where it had been taped off and I wanted to keep that clean, and I also decided to forego the white marker highlights. 


I took a piece of soft suede and cut a rectangle out of the center of one say maybe an 1/16 to 1/8 inch smaller than A7 and used it as a frame to countersink the painted panel behind and then created the card from same shade of brown cardstock. So, it kept if very "clean and arty" feeling to me. I hope you all are doing well, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us.

1 comment:

Sherri Thacker said...

Fabulous pumpkins!!