9.06.2022

Simple Watercoloring

 This week the Water coloring team is taking a look at this video that Lydia made about watercoloring a stamped image. 

So in a similar type of thing I decided to stamp off some stamps on my desk that had come in the mail recently on scraps of watercolor paper. 


This is Breezy Pine from Stampendous's House Mouse line. I stamped it with morning mist versafine on some Arches Hot Press watercolor paper and proceeded to put on a layer of Daniel Smith watercolors. 

Second layer of paints. a few shadows. I think I added more paint to the pine branch and crevices than the mouse actually.


I wanted to keep this simple so I tied on some sheer green ribbon and used some textured grey Bazzill for the base. This one finished out at A6 in real life and I really had fun doing this and some extra free time so, I stamped off these (below) on scraps. 

and did pretty much the same thing, this is first layers of paint. the thing with switching back and forth between things you are painting on, it allows the first one to dry so, if patience is not your thing and you have a chunk of time you can get a few going. I did not tape down any of these and just shuffled them out of the way as I added more paint to them. 


this is either second or third layers of paints for these and somewhere between then I die cut them all with stitched dies. and this is what my desk looks like after work today. I hope you all are doing well. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

stampingbowd said...

Awww! It looks like you had some fun downtime to paint! They are all fabulous but you know the cats are where my eyes are landing! :)