10.20.2021

WOYWW# 646 {Progress & a Tree}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 

 this shows signs of progress, that stack on the end of that other sofa table behind the door in the corner is all the laminated sheets for stamps to cling to from the mess I showed you a while back. As you can see the inside of this window is still waiting. however there is now hope on the horizon that it is going to be finished soon-ish because, the three windows downstairs in the garage got all their inside trim and caulking on over the last 3 days so? I am hopeful I will get a windowsill again soon.

they looked like this on Sunday evening. so, the photos are reversed in order of how they happened. this table is shorter than counter height but, it did work OK for doing this up here. I have a plug in extension cord up behind those stacks to plug the laminator into and that worked. 


The watercolor Wednesday challenge at Splitcoaststampers is using this tutorial found on youtube to paint a fall tree that is about to lose its leaves. so this is the practice wc pad the top tree was done with wadded paper like the video. (which didn't really work as well as I had hoped) and so looking around I found this old foam top brush that was starting to get you know they crumble after some time goes by right? so, I helped some of the tip of it off to make it a jagged tool and used that for the bottom tree. which worked better than the crumpled paper for me.

third times a charm and this is what went into the gallery for the sample for the challenge. the sentiment here is from a really old SU set called season of thanks. You can find this challenge here to play along with us. Things seem to be holding on with the plan that the school will have its fund raiser sale craft show in the end of November still here and I am of two minds on this. I have been totally expecting to see them cancel it at the last minute like they did last year but, I actually got an email the other day that packets will be ready for pick up at the end of next week. So I guess I will be sorting and organizing all I have made in the last two years and kept so it can be hauled down there. I won't lie about this, I am fairly nervous about it. It doesn't matter that I am fully vaccinated every single night on the news they are going on and on about how many people are in the hospital currently and how many of them are vaccinated. So anyways the stress levels are rising. I really am otherwise fine and just plugging away at the mess I made here. I hope you are all continuing to do well too. Thanks for stopping by.



11 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely tree Stacy. I saw one done on the Internet with cotton buds which had an elastic band around them. That was a tree full of blossom, I am guessing that fall trees need to be a bit more random. I have a foam brush that I don’t use so I could give this a whirl. Have a great week Angela #10

Sarah Brennan said...

That's a fabulous tree Stacy - love the finished card too. What a fantastic array of brushes/ink applicators you have. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

That tree is just beautiful! I totally understand your caution about the school fundraiser, but hope you can work something out. Take care and have a good week Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your painted tree is gorgeous. great to see a different part of your crafty space too. I absolutely understand how you are feeling about the school fundraiser especially as so many people do not take enough care to protect themselves and others. Hope you are able to find a way of doing this safely. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. hugs, Angela x12x

Shoshi said...

I hope you are soon through the chaos and back to normality, Stacy. Your trees are all absolutely gorgeous.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #9

Susan Renshaw said...

What a beautiful Autumnal tree!
happy WOYWW!
Susan #5

Jennifrann said...

Just stop watching the news and enjoy the fundraiser. Good luck! All of your trees came out awesome! Make sure you use them all!

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Stacy, and for your stamping platform hints. I'm already using my dry eraser which is great. I am getting much better results now, with the new way of applying ink to the stamp, and also using a fun foam mat.

Shoshi x #9

Caro said...

I love that beautiful tree so autumnal and a stunning card at the end. Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. Love & God Bless, Caro xxx

Lillianb said...

Love those tree they are amazing well done, Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #18

Spyder said...

I love drawing trees and haven't done any 'real ones' in ages, so you've made me think about gettting some Autumn colours together. Sorry I'm soooo late Happy WOYWW STay Safe! ((Lyn)) #16