10.15.2021

Inspired by { the Stationery Studio}

 This week we are taking a look around the Stationery Studio. ( store front here ) Pinterest boards are found here. Where I came across these Beach themed pumpkins and thought that was way cool. I love the colors and textures. 

So, to start with I went poking around through my pumpkin stamps that had blank space on them to decorate and found these from Penny Black were my largest ones. So, I stamped off a couple of them onto Arches 100% cotton cold press wc paper with some Simon Says Stamp barely beige ink.

I used Daniel Smith watercolors to color these and then I added some stickles glitter glue randomly on the "waves" part of the blue pumpkin. then when all the paint was dry I had decided to diecut this with a square die and it smooshed all my glitter glue dots flat so, I did them again. I did consider using micro beads but the ones I have were not right scale wise. after the paint had dried I totally figured I should have made the waves a little taller on the right hand side of the blue pumpkin but, life is full of shoulda coulda woulda things yes? :) The painted panel is up on foam tape over the handmade rice paper. I did wrap the burlap string around that to tie on the sentiment strip (Unity Stamps Thankful Oak ) and used some Sundance Felt natural white for the base of this one which finished out at 5 1/2" square. 

My second panel I decided to add some dotty texture to the bottom & seams of the blue pumpkin that is similar to the ones we painted for the watercolor tutorial a few weeks ago. The sentiment on this one is from the Carta Bella togetherness set. That painted panel was cut with some Deckle edge deco scissors and is up on foam tape. there is a piece of the rice paper under it and a scrap of mellow moss for contrast on the cardbase. This one finished out at A2 in real life. I am totally happy with the colors of these pumpkins but, I think if I were to do more of them I'd probably make a bigger pile of pumpkins with masking and mix & matching pumpkin stamps and make the card bigger so that there could be room for some sisal ribbon or something stiff like the fish next under the IC mug shot. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: