10.12.2021

Winter & Holiday Wreaths

 This week Linda has chosen these wreath painting tutorials for the Watercolor Wednesday prompt found here at Splitcoaststampers. 


So, I grabbed my Strathmore practice pad and tried the holly wreath and I felt like the leaves were just giving me fits so, I did that for a while before I just did one on the Arches paper. One thing I tried that I liked and did on the finished wreath is instead of using paint for the center vein line on the leaves I used a damp brush to pick up some of that paint and make the vein a softer color than the rest of the leaves. I like how that looks.

And then I watched the video some more and just did one of the second wreath without practicing anything. and this is a mug shot of the brushes I used for these. I do have a couple of the princeton neptune round faux squirrel brushes. this is the #2   and this is the esconda perla which I am finding I use every time I paint now for detail spots. I ran out of time before I tried the third one with the white flowers. the third brush is a silver black velvet in a #4 round. I did start out on the practice sheet with a larger brush and I realized if I wanted these wreaths to fit on a card base I needed to small the brushes down. and that worked for me.

I did finished off the first two however into 5 1/2" square cards the Glad Tidings is from the Memory Box set Tidings Wreath. and the be merry and have joy is a single stamp from Unity Stamps. The card on the left has some kraft colored woven paper from diecuts with a view and the green on the right is one of my most favorite Bazzill color/textures ever. ( I only have a few sheets left) so, you know its a special card if I cut one. and chances are the person I give it to will have no clue but, I know. :) That's about it from me. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: