10.05.2021

Harvest Moon

 This week Kia has shared with us this tutorial from Emma Jane Lefebvre about painting a Harvest Moon as seen on YouTube here. 


one thing she mentioned was she was adding the Payne's grey with a mop brush and since I had cut this panel to fit on an A7 sized card I did use two of my smallest ones. These hold a tremendous amount of water and paint compared to the black velvet brushes So, after this first layer of paint I had to walk away and let it dry a while. I forgot to add the salt to the moon.

 
After the Second layer of paint this is again sitting waiting to dry.

When I came back to it I remembered I was supposed to add white highlights so I used some Windsor & Newton Gouache here in white. ( it really does not have that big of an impact after it dried) 


After the 4th round of painting I decided it was "good enough" and finished it off into the card you see below.

The sentiment here is from Impression Obsession and it was stamped on a pale blue scrap. ( most likely PTI aqua mist) with some Versafine ink. Are you playing along with us? you can find the details of this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: