3.25.2020

WOYWW #564 {watercoloring continues}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 Sometime over the weekend I decided to stop messing with the pine cones and started adding some color to the between space and I grabbed a couple of oxide pads to do that with. and I figured shooting a mug shot would help me remember which colors I used days down the road when I actually finish this piece.

 So, this is what it looked like tuesday when I got home from work, I had intended to take those partially colored images to work and add some pencil shadows to the watercolors and it didn't happen. the pens are out from something I started coloring monday night, I have gotten so far one sample made for the upcoming VSN that starts on friday and nope its not even for my own challenge ha ha. Somethings under that tried stamping on some canvas paper with a fairly silhouette-ish image and didn't really like it until I sprayed it with water and blotted a lot of the ink around. might just stamp it again over the top of it. have had that house mouse image stamped for a while now and I liked the colors of the in between the pine cones combo so, since I have this little pile of things stamped on wc paper I decided to add some of those colors to that piece, and then you know I didnt take the time to haul up water and bowls and use real brushes so, my aqua pen needed refilled and some of my original ones I think I need to just replace them, they have water in the barrel but, it does not want to come out on the bristles anymore so, having the shot of what ink pads will help when I get around to adding more color to that one.

And Izzy wanted to say hey, can you believe she will be one year old in a couple of weeks? me neither I have no clue where the time goes. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, wow, that year has flown past! Izzy is looking great. Love what you did with the pinecones, and great idea to take the pic. I should do that more often.Stay safe,Have a good week, Huge hugs, Shaz #1 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good grief, I can't believe Izzy is nearly one, where did time go?! It's a great shot of her, she looks like a right character!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Helen said...

a year!!!! no way.... have a great week. Helen #5

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. A year?? Never, surely... but then we are already a quarter of the way through 2020! How did that happen? That pine cone image is beautiful. Lots on your desk to have a go at, play with, bring to completion... Enjoy.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, you shut your eyes for a moment and the year's gone though I will be pleased when this one is over and hopefully the virus too, fingers crossed. Take care, keep safe and craft on. Sending hugs, Angela x3x

Sarah Brennan said...

I can't believe Izzy is nearly 1 Stacy! Hope you manage to finish the pine cones soon, they are gorgeous. Looks like you have plenty of WIPs to keep you occupied too. Stay safe. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Neet said...

Looks as if you have plenty on the go but I see you are still going out to work so no isolation for you to allow you to craft all the time. Stay safe.
Lovely picture of Izzy, they grow so quickly don't they?
Hugs & Take Care
Neet 7 xx

sandra de said...

Looks like your project has come along beautifully an I love the pic of your doggie. Very handsome
indeed for a 1 year old. Stay safe and keep crafting.
Sandra de @6

Shoshi said...

I often take mock-up shots of works in progress, usually to remind me of how I want to lay things out, and I sometimes write down lists of colours I've used. Useful for future reference! I love your pinecone piece - beautiful! They are such fascinating things. Your dog is looking lovely!

Keep safe and well, and happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #35

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The pine cones are looking fab Stacy with images like that I can spend months keep adding to them. Looks like you have a few pieces on the go but please stay safe if you are still having to go out to work we all need to be keeping our distance all around the world.
My how Izzy has grown how the last year has flown by.. Take care of yourselves dear Stacy & happy WoywW Tracey #19 xx