3.18.2020

WOYWW #563 {watercoloring}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

So, as it happens I started water coloring sometime last week and did one with flowers on black wc paper for the IC sample, and then I really liked that so, I ended up doing a couple more and used one of those for the FS challenge on Sunday which lead me to running my fingers through a stack of stamped images I did on wc paper when the stamps were new and never played with them yet, so I started on this one. ( it's 6" square) and I am thinking I need to look up pine cones on line some time but, I am guessing the highlights hit on those folded over top pieces but, they will not be "white" so, I will probably be adding ore layers of brown to what you see now so the shadowed parts get darker. ( I think) it's hard to say. we are not shut down at my work although it seems like from the piles of emails I am getting that a lot of places are shutting down left and right here. We do not have the capabilities to work remotely and since all the lathes and welders and other machines are 10' apart most of the employees are feeling good with getting to stay working. It actually started snowing here last weekend, we had a dry February with very warm temperatures so this is kind of an interesting and good thing as we need the snow pack in the mountains but, the snow on the roads really makes me want to stay home and shelter in my corner of the hobby room. Hopefully you are all doing well, thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Belinda said...

Hello Stacy! What sort of work do you do? Everything here is pretty much closed. Your beautiful watercoloring is making me want to pull out mine. I absolutely love the pinecones.
Snow? We have had a strange winter. We had snow in January and the rest was rather warm. Definitely wondering what this will mean to vegetation and wildlife here. Stay well and thanks for sharing!
Belinda #30

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, yes, many people who work in manufacturing will not be able to work from home.Love what you've done with those pinecones, I think they look fab. Stay safe, have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad that your co workers are able to carry on, it's such a worry for everyone. The pine cones are fab, great colouring!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Helen said...

those pine cones look fabulous! hope you and your fellow workers all stay safe. Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, gorgeous pine cones. It's a very difficult time but hopefully we'll all come through it. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous pine cones Stacy. They look so lifelike. Happy WOYWW. Stay safe. Sarah #2

Julia Dunnit said...

I think you’re right about the highlights on the pine cones..your painting is amazing, they look very lifelike to me. I was thinking a good drop in temperature might go some way to wipe out this pesky virus, but I’m told that its the opposite, it’ll take a heatwave. Colour me surprised! We aren’t in the same kind of lockdown here, I don’t consider myself in a vulnerable group and still have full freedom of movement. However, the social distancing has pretty much done the lockdown thing anyway! I hope you all stay well, glad that work will continue and not cause financial worries on top of everything else for some folk.

Julia Dunnit said...

I forgot to tell you...the view from my desk is my neighbours garden fence! It’s overlapping timbers, quite thin and very dilapidated. It’s about 4 feet from my window, the desk looks out on a path around our building. Hard to explain, one day if it ever stops raining,I’ll take a photo. The plan is to cover her fence on our side with some nice panels up which something can grow. I darent plant anything to scramble over the fence because I think it will collapse completely and we don’t really want to become responsible for it!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. That painting is stunning - well done! Hope you can indeed keep in work - there is an incredible amount of uncertainty everywhere at the moment.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #5

Neet said...

Lovely watercolour painting of those fir cones. Nice to come home in these troubled times and do something to relax you like painting.
Hope things work out for you with the job and whatever happens hope you stay safe and well.
hugs, Neet 1 xx

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, the pine cones look lovely as they are, but I understand what you mean about the white bits. I am lucky I can work from home, but many of the companies I buy from are closing, apart from the Chinese companies that are now re-opening! It seems like a lot of deskers are going to be doing more crafting in the coming weeks - so there should be some busy desks too! Stay safe, and have a lovely week Heather xx #13

Caro said...

I love those pine cones. Your painting really is stunning. Take care my friend. Happy belated WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#14)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your water coloured pine cones look beautiful Stacy, i'd say the are perfect I love to see white areas which depict light. I have so many stamped out images I think if I never brought another stamp i'd have enough to see me through this lifetime. Hope you can all continue to work during these difficult times, I'm still trying to get my head around it all.. important thing is to stay safe & look after each other. Happy WoywW Tracey #10 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Had seen that background stamp Stacey, and loved it very much. Think it was Simon says... hate the size of their stamps though I make 5 x 7 and 6 x 6 doesn’t work!
Glad you can stay at work.p, though.
Lovely desky share sorry I’m so late and brief.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these troubled times, may we look up in faith! Praying you’re all kept well too!
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}