3.06.2020

Inspired by {Quiltspirations pinterest board}

This week Julie has a Guest host for the Inspiration Challenge we are headed to Colleen's quilt board and there are some really gorgeous pieces of art shared there. I loved all the beach ones especially the one with the baby turtles heading from the sand to the surf. But, as much as I loved that one the colors of this one jump started what you see below.


I started with a sheet of Strathmore watercolor paper and did swipes of Distress Oxide inkpads across the glass mat on my table. misted that with some water and let it dry. I took a second piece of Watercolor card and stamped the Technique Junkies Mermaid love stamp with some grey versafine on it and started coloring it with more distress oxide inks watered down, I was trying for a vintage barely tinted look for the couple and I did get that but, it really blended into the background so, I dug out my polychromo's pencils and some white and stardust gel pens to add some shadows and such.
I then cut the background piece in half to make the split between the two quilts and ran both pieces through the bigshot with an SU embossing folder that looks like waves. ( mind went blank on its real name sorry) the Sentiment was added last after the top was dry so that I could do multiple passes in the Misti. This one finished out at 5X7 in real life.

a peek at the quilts that started this, I think I can do something else closer to the beach-y scene you see here but, I just got this Mermaid in the mail recently and so, it was laying on the table begging to be inked. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: