9.15.2019

Skinny Tags

 It probably only looks like a mess but, this pretty much took hours and hours to do... I happened across this bookmark swap shot in her gallery that today's featured stamper Laura had done and it really sparked an idea about doing some skinny tags. So, I started chopping up this tall skinny tag that is in the Sizzix XL Library Pocket from Brenda Walton set from scraps that were in the bread basket on the file cabinet. the ones in the clear bag to the left are just single cut pieces, the tags towards the top of the table are a piece of printed paper on the top layer, a second solid coordinating color of cardstock on the backside and a hole re-inforcer glued together. the sentiments are some longer skinny ones I thought I might use that I started stamping on previously diecut scraps. ( I had in the middle of this session cracked the plastic square inside the crank handle of my big shot pro die cutting machine) and hubs dissected it and told me to order a new crank handle and to use this until I kill it, when it dies he can make me the parts it needs to work if I cannot buy a spare handle. at any rate that kinda made me leery to use it much more after that. (I have an email into Sizzix to find out, they are closed today)


And after that I realized it was nearly 5 PM ( where does the time go?) so, I decided to just shoot what was done at the moment to link it up. most of the skinny sentiments are from a few different Mama Elephant sets. the Merry Christmas to you is from Tim Holtz, The spoil yourself is My Favorite Things, I think that happy birthday just may be from Stampin' Up. one thought I had ( I have made tags like this in the past and tied on jingle bells at the top) was to try doing a bow with the Burlap string and I am not so sure I like that, I just may undo that lone bow. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: