9.14.2019

A few other Challenge Cards

 This week's featured Stamper is Rebecca who has this awesome card she made with Wall paper and a sticker that I just loved. So, setting out to recreate that texture I started with a piece of Neenah that I cut with the Altenew plaid die ( B) and then pressed a sheet of the same cardstock with a Darice plaid embossing folder and glued them flat together. The Unity Stamps (feel the joy) blooms had that Queens Ann Lace shape to me so, I heat embossed them a background done with Ranger Alcohol inks on Yupo paper. ( that wanted to twist and warp) so, I backed it with another piece of Neenah . Other changes were I off set this panel to the right and tied on a sentiment. This one finished out at A2 in real life.

 I have been into the Hobby lobby store a grand total of two times since they opened in Medford and the second time was around the end of July this year. ( I went in there thinking to see if they had anything I wanted to play with during DTGD) and this eucalyptus printed paper followed me home. I just thought the colors were gorgeous and it reminded me of a Debby Hughes painted card. ( ok, the fan girl thing is showing again) So, I wanted the card to mostly be this paper and I added a skinny diecut My Favorite Things sentiment to it just messing around.

And then on Monday night after work I seen that the color combo challenge was live and it happened to be, SU Peacock, Old olive and pool party. So, I went to the file cabinet and found the peacock and olive and a piece of PTI aqua ( close enough) and seen those scraps of the leaf paper and just laughed. ( so these are all 3" X 3" and headed to the booth in November) the simple gift is from Impression Obsession, the happy birthday is Altenew and the little something is from A Muse. I still have another piece of this paper and I am so tempted to go back to that store and buy more of it someday but, you know I really need more printed papers like I need an extra hole in my head so, I have managed to resist that urge for a few weeks now. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: