9.14.2019

Inspired by {Piper Classics}

Last weekend the Inspiration challenge visited the Piper Classic's store online.
And I found this Merry Christmas pillow right off the bat and I had so many ideas of how to do this as a card and then I found on Labor day when I started trying to make one that it was harder than it looked.

 This was my first attempt, I was messing around with two different shades of ink and trying for a one layer card. ( this is 4" x 9") and when I moved the cleaned stencil up the card to do the top half above the sentiment... evidently I did not get it straight. and I shot this anyways because, its part of that keeping it real thing. I think sometimes people think every card just magically goes exactly how you think it will and that makes me laugh. yes, for the most part I have the skills to get the results I want but, everyone is still human so, things like this happen. I have since then cut this in half and will maybe die cut these pieces and use them on something else. because, I tend to not toss much actually.

 And then I decided maybe it would be easier to see the straight if I tried it smaller so, this one I got a little better and I had also remembered to do a linen texture under the red to give it more of that homespun vibe die cut it to fit an A2 card front and then realized ( I did this after work one night while it was getting dark) that The piece I had the ink on was not the same shade of cardstock as the base I cut, so I stamped the linen twice on the base both in the SSS barely beige and DOX old paper over the top of that trying for a closer look to the stamped/stenciled panel. This stencil is from Tim Holtz and the Merry Christmas is from Simon Says Stamp. ( its a single stamp) that was done in some Versafine Clair tulip red.

This is a look at the pillow that started it all you can find it here in their store and find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: