9.14.2019

Inspired by {Tortik Annushka}

A couple of weeks ago now the Inspiration site headed to this Russian art cake store and I happened across this birdhouse looking cake and my son and his girlfriend have rented their first house together ( a duplex) and when I seen the two pitched roofs of the cake it made me think of a duplex.

 I really liked the clean look with the vertical lines so, I kept those lines and made the background be a piece of Die Cuts with a view corrugate paper. the House shapes I cut by hand from some My Minds eye print I found at hobby lobby. the roof is some diecuts from Reverse confetti called triple stitched squares ( I cut them in half here) and I only diecut one heart opening door from the front house as the roof pitch would have covered it up on the back house. the white in the center there was done from some Hero Arts woodgrain. This sentiment is made by Impression Obsession and was diecut with an older Spellbinders label #11 die. the seam binding lace is vintage. and I did not post this when I made it as because of the Hurricane the mail was delayed reaching them. (but, all is good they and the house are fine)


 

This view of the cake is linked to above and the rest of the site can be seen here there are some really neat things in there. You can find this challenge here to see some of the other pieces people found and were inspired by. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: