4.18.2018

WOYWW#463 {tags}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 
 So over the last few weeks I had ordered these rounded corner tag dies from Impress from Memory box and when they came they cut a frame ( I knew this going in since I have their circle dies ) so, since I have rectangle dies from ( just about every mfg they are all different sizes) I did not order anything to go with the tags... fast forward. none of my other brands of rectangles really fit them, so I ordered the Memorybox ones that were listed on the back of the packaging as "working" with these tags... the rectangles have square corners... so. to use these together I did have to clip the corners with scissors.
 Just messing around with some scraps and already colored images and sentiments on the table to "see" I do like the shape of these tags and I wish they had made rounded corner rectangles to work with them. but, the amount you clip off with scissors is pretty minimal.
(giraffe's are from My favorite things and the sentiment is probably hero arts, the lace is vintage)

The sneakers are from Stampin up and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp ( you got this set) these tags are almost A2 but, I think would fit onto an A2 sized card front. I did not try that yet. Outside of the craft cave the weather here has been really wonky with a little bit of everything. I have been spending more time outside though when I can so, the making things has slowed way down. I did take advantage of the Sizzix ( tax day sale and the Die sale at Ellen Hutson and so I will have a pile of new things to cut this weekend. ) The funny part is I have been mentally whining about not having enough "time" to play with all the cool stuff I already have. Such is life. Hubs is going camping to go turkey hunting this next weekend so, I will have more alone time than I normally do. Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s not that the shape of the frames and rectangles dont look great together, its the principle of the lack of thought in the roundy corner thing....I know it doesnt take off much, but you have to remember to do it!! That would definitely be my whine!! Hope you manage to make the most of turkey hunt time...I tend to wander around wondering what to do when I’m left alone!!

Helen said...

great cards and hope you enjoy your weekend playing! Helen #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, it's so annoying when companies don't think things through properly, I agree. I'd be irritated too, but they look fine how you're fixing it! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dies! They are such a nuisance, and I too wish they would think things through and make their dies "work" with each other. And of course, don't even talk to me about how many dies I have the are similar but not quite right! LOL! Ah, stamping...we LOVE it...when we can fix something! Hugs! xoxo

My name is Cindy said...

Yes I will jump on this gripe as well! I sometimes wonder what is going on in the minds of these so called designers (our product is great because we are all crafters - huh). I often say I should be the product tester. So many of these nesting shapes do not really nest. and the rest of them never sit nicely in a standard card size. Think people! anyhow, hope you make the most of your free time - it'll be over in a flash! Happy Wednesday Cindy #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card especially the giraffes, they are so sweet. Great new dies too, very useful. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x18x

Sarah Brennan said...

You are so right about the lack of thought, especially if they are advertised as going together. Thanks for visiting earlier! I love what you've done with the dies anyway. Have a great week. Sarah #17

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I have to agree it can be annoying when companies don't think but they do look amazing albeit a little time consuming. The Giraffe is a sweetie. Thank you for sharing WOYWW. Tracey #13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That giraffe card is a beauty - shame you had to trim the frames though, the manufacturers definitely didn't do their product testing there huh?
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Those tags are great - not sure how big and American A2 is... If it was a British A2 it would be ENORMOUS - and certainly not for placing on a card or posting. I bought some lovely dies the other week, looked up the tutorial - which was absolutely certain they were quick and easy to use... maybe it's just me... took me about 45minutes to work out how to achieve what they had done... Oh well, I suppose I am retired...grey cells work slowly now!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Cheetarah said...

Super lovely cards! Hope you're having a fantastic day! xo Cheetarah #24

Kelly said...

HI Stacy. Turkey hunting last week. Hmmm makes me wonder if we live close. Bob didn't get to go but I knew it was season. You mentioned clipping those corners with scissors. don't you have a corner rounder punch? I have a couple that I use. Happy to pass one on. Thanks for the stop-by last week (this week hehe) I'll see you tomorrow. Creative Blessings! Kelly #27