4.11.2018

WOYWW #462 {Happy Happy}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 
 So, Last week ( this is totally Leslie's fault) I started poking around on the internet to remember where I seen Katzelkraft stamps for sale online and found them again at frantic stamper and the grumpy penguins have been on my mental wish list for a while so, I poked around in the site some more to find a few more things to justify the shipping costs... ( you get that right?) lol So, I am only about 80 miles from them so ordering on Friday afternoon, gets me happy mail on Saturday afternoon.
 The rubber stamps are just plain rubber so, I ended up playing with the clear gal first. there was a CAS funny theme last week and I knew I could do funny but, I ended up with too many layers to pass for clean... that sentiment is from Riley & Co.

 So a while back ( it takes a couple of weeks) I placed this order from SSS when the neat and tangled sentiment came out and ordered some refills to the oxides and markers I had killed. the circle snow frame has been mostly sold out for a long time so it was fun to see in stock, now that ink pad. this is for doing no line coloring. so as a test I stamped those giraffes on monday right after I shot this and (no I still have not done anything with all those giraffe heads I showed you last week) and so, I set it aside ( it is very faint to see ink) and Tuesday when I got home, that cardstock I could not see the image well enough to color it anymore. so, it is very much an ink that if you buy one of these, it is going to fade so you have to be coloring right away not tomorrow or later.
 So, since today is Hubs hunting buddies birthday I needed a card and I had put away ( or rather pushed to the side most of the things I have showed you) and started this card which I ended up doing two of the sentiments to get the contrast. the back sides of the open spots where you embed the diecuts I have just clear scotch tape on the back side sticky side up.

 How this card turned out the diecut sentiment is up on foam dots and the sheet to the left was glued inside ( sentiment from My Favorite Things) this one is 6" square in real life. and that's about it for me. Thanks for stopping by!
 

7 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, love the birthday card, such a great 'man's card'. I have the rat set from Katzelkraft but those penguins are fabulous. I might just have to hunt them down myself lol. Have a great week. Sarah #14

Helen said...

I love my grumpy penguins! I use them lots at Christmas. the card is so suitable for a man Helen #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Have to admit I love those grumpy wee penguins too, definitely a must have for anyones stamp stash. Great card creations and fun sentiment too. Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Tracey #21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So love those penguin stamps, they are so sweet. Lovely card too. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x12x

Carmen said...

Those penguins are fabulous as is the equally grumpy suspicious looking cat. Definitely worth buying more.

Have a lovely week,
Carmen x #23

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I have those penguins too, aren't they fab? Love the birthday card, I must try and remember that technique, I'd like to have a go at it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Kelly said...

HI Stacy! You've been busy. Love when you find something you've been wanting. Creative Blessings! Kelly #24