4.25.2018

WOYWW # 464 {Black Ice continued}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess

 So on Monday after work I had tried the "black Ice" technique for the first time, I had never seen this before and it caught my attention. (the details and how to video are here at SCS) anyways, Tuesday after work I decided to try it some more and I did a couple on "foil" sheet and one on "mirror" sheet. the comparison is the last shot in this post. and this is a quick thing to do in reality but, the thinking thing slows me down. so far I have only tried this on stamp scenes where it is "snowing" in the scene. but, I did see some say bloom images in the gallery that really did end up looking like engraved metal after.
 Where I stopped when I walked away to go start dinner last night. the snowman scene ( both of these stamps are from Penny Black) its the scrap from the top of a 6" square size. and where that sentiment is just sitting is the hole that the pad of paper has a hole punched in the top so stores can hang them... I am debating about if I want the sentiment to be in color or not it will have to wait until the printed paper for behind it is picked out. ( have not gotten that far yet) I did take the one I made Monday night to work on Tuesday to show my friend there and she "had to have" that card and told me I "have to" make a few more of them for the booth.
The one on the left is on Die cuts with a view foil cardstock and the one on the right is from Bazzill its "mirror" cardstock. the mirror cardstock is very dull after the fact and the foil just seems to shine even more than before it is embossed I think that embossing powder is refracting a lot of light through it on the foil. so, as easy as this is to do I think I am going to go look for some larger sheets of "foil" cardstock.

I did do a bunch of die cutting last weekend and a few trial cards (also for the booth that are Christmas that I probably will tinker with some more before I have things that I am pleased with. the tree folded card, I have tried die cutting the tree from printed papers to wall paper over the front of the card like how it is shown on its mfg label but, it only cuts perfectly for the left side of the tree fold. the right side you have to flip the paper upside down in the die on small sheets of prints so, you would never get perfectly lined up prints. ( I will show that later some time after I figure it out all the way. ( I already know the do not kill your paper this a way versions ha ha) Turkey hunting continues this week. Thanks for stopping by, I will be driving all day for work today so, it will most likely be tomorrow before I start poking around. 

6 comments:

Lindart said...

That Black Ice technique is striking! I will have to try it! Great desk today, have a wonderful week! Lindart #27

Sarah Brennan said...

That is an intriguing technique Stacy. I haven't come across it before. Thanks for showing the two side by side; it's easier to compare the finishes that way. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Helen said...

I saw the black ice method when Shaz wrote about it...hadn't seen it prior to that - you got gorgeous effects! Helen #4

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous effects achieved here, black on metallic leaves such a vivid impression. Thank you for sharing WOYWW Tracey #10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the look of the technique but no idea what it is and will have to pop over for a look. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x28x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I LOVE that black ice effect, so elegant and very Goth - gorgeous! Well done for taking such a good pic of it as well, it must be tricky to get the perfect photo to show the effect, in the same way that sparkles are hard to capture in a pic.
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx